cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for Samsung Epic 4G D700

Highlighted
Journeyman

Driver for Samsung Epic 4G D700

Where do you get a driver for this phone to interface with the home computer via usb??

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Driver for Samsung Epic 4G D700

To read things and dump them to the SD card, or to debug Android applications on the phone?

For the SD card you don't need any drivers, they're already on your computer. You just plug the phone in and a Notification appears on the phone. Open it up and hit Mount SD card. Done.

Journeyman
Journeyman

Actually, Sprints Tech support helped me out.  I needed to turn OFF the phones "debugging" feature and then it worked fine!

Journeyman

Worked great, be sure to turn off the debugging feature first. Thanks.

Journeyman

How do you shut off the debug mode??? Pls help and show step thanks.

Journeyman

I dont remember exactly, but if you call Sprint tech support they will guide you through it.  From the main screen you unlock & press to the left of thr up arrow and tap on settings...it's in one of those!

Journeyman

I have not been able to have either my XP machines (2) or my Vista machine recognize my Epic.  I have tried multiple installs of the driver, without the driver, debugging off on phone.  Computer always says there is an error with device.  Plugged it into a Windows 7 phone and it recognized it with no driver at all.  Anyone have luck with older OS's?  It sucks having to pull the memory card every time I need to add a file to my computer.

Journeyman

I went through the same thing, it isnt the driver.  The driver is already on your computers.  TURN OFF DEBUGGING!!  When you connect the phone to the puter....in the upper left hand corner of the phone does it flash "debugging"??  If it's doing that you need to shut it off...by going to settings, unfortunately I dont remember the catagory.  Sprint Tech Service can help you if you cant locate it...good luck & tell me how if this helped you?

Dick

Journeyman

Applications -> Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging (should be unchecked unless your a developer)

Journeyman

Debugging isn't the issue in my case.  I can plug it into my Vista machine, get an error that the device is not recognized, unplug it, put it on my Windows 7 machine and it's recognized.  Same error on two different XP machines as well.

Luckily, you really don't need to hook it up to a PC to do anything.

Journeyman

I'm running Win 7 and have Debug Mode turned off.  Will not recognize my wife's Epic.  I have an EVO and it recognizes it fine.  Any ideas?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat