cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped my phone and cracked the screen

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dropped my Epic 4G this morning and cracked the screen pretty bad-it has a gouge and it spiderwebbed a bit. Do I have any options other than using the insurance and paying the deductible? I've only had the phone since May.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

many thirdy party repair centers, and HTC will replace the screen, but there will be a cost envolved. it may be more expensive than filing a claim with Asurion. I would personally take it into a sprint authorized service center to see what they say. They may be able to help, but will likely refer you to asurion.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Master

Depending on the size of the crack it may be covered in store, it may not. If it is a single crack less than an inch it should be covered in store, otherwise it would go through Asurion most likely...

Highlighted
Master

Nope, Cracked screens/Physical damaged phones cannot be repaired so you'd have to file an insurance claim with Asurion if you have TEP.

http://www.phoneclaim.com/sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, that's kind of what I had figured. I'll go to the Sprint store tomorrow and see what they have to say. Can anyone recommend a good backup for all my info? Is it even necessary since I save my contacts to my google account?

Highlighted
Wizard

Contacts should be backed up by the Gmail account. It doesn't hurt to export them to the SD card for good measure if you want to play it safe.

Calendar will likely be backed up to the Google account as well.

There are a variety of free text messaging backup programs available in the market, if the screen still works enough to navigate.

Pictures and videos are stored on the memory card from default, so those will be safe.

If you have an authenicator or security program installed on the phone, it maybe wise to double check how to disable the service.

That should cover most of the things that aren't covered by individual application data.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat