cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC05 Changes from EB13

Highlighted
Journeyman

EC05 Changes from EB13

I've been running the OTW EB13 version since day one of it's release, and DK28 since Janurary 1rst with almost no issues.  What new things can EC05 bring that EB13 doesn't have?  I tried doing an OTA update, but it failed, and I can't find anything new other than more sprint crap software.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

DK28, EB13 or EC05 are simply the modem versions. They have nothing to do with the updates you get from Sprint. If you check the version of your OS it should still say 2.2.1. The updates only put new, updated and/or modified programs/aps on your phone. With those updates they incorporate the modem updates too. All the bloatware you get is part of those updates. I think you should be able to remove any of the "extra" aplication from your phone if you want and/or install the ones you prefer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That leads into one other question besides my original.  Is there a way to get only the modem update, and not the rest?  Back to the original question, what does the EC05 release (Wether just a modem file or full package) offer that EB13 doesn't have, besides sprint ID.  By the way, I've already removed sprints fat from my phone, that's part of the reason the update failed due to the phone being rooted.  I'm trying to see if it's worth it to unroot and update, or if this is just a new peice of bloatware.  The information I have found lists the only difference between the EB13 update and the EC05 update seems to be the Sprint ID.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HODriver wrote:

That leads into one other question besides my original.  Is there a way to get only the modem update, and not the rest?  Back to the original question, what does the EC05 release (Wether just a modem file or full package) offer that EB13 doesn't have, besides sprint ID.  By the way, I've already removed sprints fat from my phone, that's part of the reason the update failed due to the phone being rooted.  I'm trying to see if it's worth it to unroot and update, or if this is just a new peice of bloatware.  The information I have found lists the only difference between the EB13 update and the EC05 update seems to be the Sprint ID.

If you're rooted then you can do just the modem update, but honestly, I don't see much difference between the two. EB13 was already fast enough. But as for the bloatware, it's totally up to you whether you want it or not. If you back them up, then you can install them individually if you want. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, I think I'll just hold off right now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat