cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC05 List Of Problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

So, I am on EC05 now and I have issues.  I was wondering what people are running into.

One of my issues is that the home screns are always disappearing all the icons and I have to wait thirty seconds for them t show up. 

More to come.

What are yi our issues with EC05?

50 REPLIES 50
Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

Before the update, you had a silent mode, vibrate, and then ringer. Now it seems like they've eliminated having silent and vibrate separately. You either have vibrate mode while on silent (which defeats the purpose of silent) or vibrate when not on silent (which defeats the purpose of having vibrate only). Maybe I'm missing something but I've tried all the different options in menu and still can't separate the three.

Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

My ECO5update introduced a new feature:  it automatically and randomly goes into silent mode.  the settings for silent mode show it as off but it's not.  The only fix I've been able to find is remove and replace the battery (system reset).  I've set the vibrate mode to "only in silent" and sure enough, it vibrates.  Since I never know when it will put itself into this mode I've been missing calls, emails and texts left and  right.

A less annoying but still troublesome problem is the touch screen's lack of sensitivity epsecially with the menu-home-return-search "buttons" along the bottom.  It's a little scary how hard I have to push sometimes to get a response.

ECO5 still isn't ready for prime time, I'm afraid.

Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

found another one.  In switching out of bluetooth mode by first turning off bluetooth on the phonw then on the ear piece the phone is left in speaker mode, mostly.    shen listening to vmail messages it's speaker only.  When a call comes in the speaker and the ear phone are off.  The person at the other end can hear me but I can't hear them.  My problems appear to be mainly audio driver issues.  Who ever wrote that driver needs to be forcibly removed and aomeone else put in charge.  This is very frustrating.

Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

I am experiencing lag and freezing issues like never before. My screen sensitivity is nonexistent and sometimes the phone will stick so bad it actually turns itself off. Never had any problems with my epic before the update...now nothing but issue after issue.

Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

I can also confirm the earpiece bug other have reported. It appears to happen after using Bluetooth. All notifications and ringers are played through the earpiece instead of the speaker. This is causing me to miss calls, so I would consider it a very serious bug. Please fix ASAP Sprin!

LOL, also the keyboard still misses keys as you can see by this post. That would be nice to have fixed as well.

Wizard

EC05 List Of Problems

turning on wifi is encountering Error message.  i have to try a couple of times.  this has happened consistently since the EC05 update.  i turn it off leaving home, upon returning, turning wifi back on via notification bar would hung.  i go into main settings and see the Error message.  i touch wifi to connect from there and it hangs again for a few minutes.  after second try from the main settings, it connects.

Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

Has anyone else here reported the issue of the missing dictionary on the Android keyboard?  When texting or otherwise typing using the Andriod keyboard, the predictive text box shows up with suggested words, but the only words in there come from your Contacts list.  The English Dictionary seems to be missing, so you have to fully type every word and correct all your own spelling mistakes.  I've seen this issue posted to other websites, but nobody seems to have a solution.

I tried using the Samsung keypad and the Swype keypad - they have the dictionary, but I just can't get used to their automated way of comleting text.  I really want to use the Android keyboard, but I need that dictionary back.  Any ideas?

Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

I have the same problem too. the only solution I've found is to use a replacement keyboard like better keyboard 8.

Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

I have seen an issue with the icons taking 20-30 seconds to appear, the screen rotation delay, which I fixed, and most annoying the included text messaging service now force closes when I try to use it. I have downloaded Handcent which allows me to get my text messages, but I still see notifications for empty text messages that now can't be deleted.

Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

Man the update havent even hit my phone yet, i got the first 2.2 from samsung, EB13, I have the same problem with the rotation delay, have did you fix that? thats one of the main things thats making me angry with this 2.2!

Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

The fix was in another post but here it is:

Menu>settings>display>Horizontal Calibration

set the phone face down on the edge of a table with the end hanging off so you can hit the calibrate button.

Than hit the button. Worked for me and others.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat