cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC05 List Of Problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

EC05 List Of Problems

So, I am on EC05 now and I have issues.  I was wondering what people are running into.

One of my issues is that the home screns are always disappearing all the icons and I have to wait thirty seconds for them t show up. 

More to come.

What are yi our issues with EC05?

50 REPLIES 50
Highlighted
Journeyman

This did the trick for me also.

Does any one know if this just a temp fix and will have to repeated with any restart?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem as well. I thought it was only me. I few things are wrong with update, I want to go back to the last update until they fix this one. I wonder if that's possible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have issues with my exchange email.  when i resply or forward an email, it adds <br><br> in the email and i don't have line breaks like i should.  outside of that, i'm happy with the update, although a little disappointed as i was expecting more from the update than what we got.

Highlighted
Journeyman

1. battery massacre per other thread

2. Rihanna song randomly playing VERY LOUD for no apparent reason.

3. Super-annoying "no additional informaton for this contact" pop-up/lag every time I select one of my contacts.

4. Plenty of other random lags.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My audio is very distorted.  I first noticed it with my bluetooth head set.  The sound was very sibilant and difficult to understand.  It is also this way with the supplied ear phones.  It is also this way, but less severe, with the standard ear speaker and speaker phone mode.  Since the difference is one of degree, rather than description, I assume it's because the earphones and the blue tooth headset both have superior high frequency audio bandwidth.  The intelligibility is so adversely affected that I'm considering returning the phone before the 30 day trial period is up.  In some many other ways I like this phone, it's a shame to give up on it.  I'm pretty sure this is a software/driver problem.  I really doubt that the chip designers compromised the hardware this way. 

Is anyone else having this problem with the audio? 

Highlighted
Wizard

Some of the issues in this thread are noted with workarounds/solutions (where available) in this thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/275507#275507

I'm trying to keep it updated with what I'm seeing across the forum.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having at least one new problem since the EC05 update 2 or 3 days ago.  My Bluetooth devices keeps disconnecting on me (even though it still says they're both paired).

With the latest release just before this one, the connection to my headset and my car was very stable.  They would only very occasionally disconnect.

Now it seems like whenenever I go out of range or turn off either BT device, I have to go through some kind of painful ritual to get both of them to connect to my phone again.  I haven't figured out the exact pattern yet to get them both operational, but what I think seems to work most times (not all) is a total shut down and restart of the phone.  Otherwise I have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting both devices, and then pray a few times, then I will seem to get a connection again.  That is until I turn off either device or go out of range...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the update on Thursday~I was so excited, as I was told in the sprint store (yes, they had 4 or 5 techs on site) that the update EC05 would fix my calendar syncing with my exchange server!  HELP!  I am tired of exporting my calendar to my gmail account then syncing the gmail account with my calendar on my phone~ HELP!!!    

Highlighted
Journeyman

To fix most if not all your problems, you need to backup your SD card then format it.  If that doesn't work, perform a factory reset .  All your problems will go away as their maybe some files conflicting with the previous OS version with the new OS version.  The person with the bluetooth issues, you just need to pair the devices again or do the above which will also require you to pair up again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm seeing the same bluetooth issues and unfortunately it's not as simple as pairing.  The two devices can be paired but not connected.  It's the connection that is randomly failing.  I can be sitting with the phone right nest to me and the bluetooth headset in my hand.  I can watch the phone connect and reconnect and reconnect at random, or at least varrying, intervals.  The bluetooth audio quality is quite poor as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you format your SD card and perform a factory reset?  Try that, then repair your device and see if things are much better. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. I am also hearing tics and pops comming from earpiece speaker, and even my alarm clock will ring thru the earpiece. Its a major problem.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat