cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EL30 Update causes browser to "force close" daily

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently did the EL30 update, and since then the browser has been crashing once or twice a day.  It seems to happen most often while in areas of weak signal and when the phone is trying to switch back and forth between Sprint service and a 'roaming' service.  I never experienced this with EI22.

Has anyone else noticed this?  Are there any suggestions of how to prevent this from happening?

(Also, some feedback for Sprint - the handling of keystrokes from the keyboard is better on EL30 than EI22, but it's still still pretty bad.  There's a good fix out there from theimpaler747 at XDA Developer's.  It worked flawlessly on EI22, and I'm surprised that EL30 didn't adopt the same fix.  Also, you owe those folks a debt of gratitude for providing critical support that neither Sprint nor Samsung seems able to provide.  I was minutes away from returning my phone and switching carriers out of frustration when I found the keyboard patch.  So they've saved you at least one customer and I'm sure I'm not alone.)

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

the EL30 update was for the regular epic...this is the epic 4G touch forum. you'll still get a answer to the question but you would probably get a quicker responce over there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yep, my bad.  Thanks for pointing that out, fireguy.

GrandMaster

No worries. Did you ever find an answer?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat