cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 3G fail...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic 3G fail...

For the past few days, I have been having trouble with my Epic. The problem is that it suddenly, out of no where, just went out of service. At first it was minor, only lasted a while, then it would connect again. Then it started happening more and more, with longer intervals each time. It bugged me so I decided that turning it off and on would fix it, and sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. What would happen was either it would stay the same as it was before I turned it off, or it would actually work, but only for a few minutes. I would be texting just fine and then suddenly, I get the warning symbol, meaning no service. So what I had to do was turn airplane mode on and then off to see if that would help, and it did for a few minutes, sometimes even less than a minute, before getting cut off again. I use wifi at home, so I was not aware that my 3G symbol was missing until I had left the house. All it showed was full bars.This has happened to me in the past, but it did not go on for this long, only for a few hours. I have talked to an online representative that told me to turn it off, take battery out, wait 2 minutes before turning it back on-I did, and that did not help. I tried updating my profile but I could not, due to there being either no 3G connection or getting the "error" message. At this point I am at a loss. I've tried everything and the problem persists. It went from being minor to very serious. It's at the point where it has just stopped working; turning it on and off as well as the airplane mode trick are no longer working. I have no service, no 3G connection, nothing. This is all so annoying and frustrating, I don't know what to do. I am the only one in my family, who are all sprint users, that this is happening to. Should I go to the sprint store? Has this been an issue with anyone else? I found very little about it online... would appreciate some help..

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Epic 3G fail...

Yes...you should take it to a Sprint store...they might have to reset it or you may need to swap it out for another Epic...this is not a common problem...

Master

Epic 3G fail...

You may want to search and install a backup application if you want to make sure you don't lose any personal  information if they store has to do a HARD RESET to get your device to operate properly.  You also didn't mention if  you are using any task killers or battery extenders. This could be a software issue related to your applications, a software problem with the operating system or even a hardware problem with the device.  This is why a Sprint Service and Repair center is a good place to go. www.sprintstorelocator.com

Hope this helps and thanks for using the forums

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Epic 3G fail...

Okay I took it to the store, they rebooted it and told me it would work now since "it passed all the tests." It was working, but not as good. I got home and it continued to work for a little bit and now its back to not working... 3G symbol will disappear...will lose service. It toggles back and forth from working. A while ago I had no 3G, no service, and now it came back, but the arrows are gray. It can't have anything to do with an application because the phone was rebooted.

Journeyman

Epic 3G fail...

Okay and now since the phone was rebooted, it says theres not enough memory. When I try using the camera thats what it says. What is going on? I didn't have this issue before the reboot.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat