cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G (1st generation) - Wrong Network Time

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic 4G (1st generation) - Wrong Network Time

Hi...any old timers on the first generation phone noticing in the last couple of days the network time is off about 6 hours (I have to go into settings and turn off use network time, then turn it back on and it resets it ok until the next time).  Or is this nature's way of saying, it's time to not be on the first generation phone?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep, same thing happened to my 1st generation Epic-4G today.  Once this morning around 9am and then again this evening about 9pm.  Same thing happened with my teenage son's new Galaxy S3 today at the same time.  More than likely the network is being updated, or maintenance being peformed in your locale when this occurs.  That's my guess anyway.  I just restarted the phones and all was well until the next "hiccup" occured.

-Allen in Chicagoland

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup, I have the same problem. Started just after the clocks changed last week. I've un-checked the Automatic time option and set the time manually.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks so much for your post. It's been happening to me for the last 2 days, ever since I arrived in Chicago. It's temporary, switching 6 hours forward, then back -- sometimes within a moment. But I'm using the alarm clock feature, and it's woken me up 3 times in the last 2 nights, thinking it's (for example) 9:15 am when it's really 3:15 am.

It's reassuring to know I'm not alone, annoying though those middle of the night alarms have been.

Highlighted
Wizard

To all of the above,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  Many of the Samsung devices change the default time zone and did not update automatically after the time change.

Try this:

1.  Go to Settings>Date & time

2.  Uncheck the box for Automatic

3.  Select time zone and confirm that it is correct

4.  Recheck Automatic (If desired)

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

It took four manual resets over a 2 week period, but it looks like the correct network time has finally taken hold.  My Epic4G been accurate while traveling between multiple time zones for the past week.  I still feel that it was some type of Sprint Network problem, but thankfully it seems to be behind us now..at least here in Chicago.

Highlighted
Wizard

AllenChicago,

While I'm glad to hear that your issue is resolved- I'm very sorry to hear that you had to go through so much to get it working.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm glad it's finally working for you, Allen!

The problem vanished for me as soon as I left the Chicago area and hasn't recurred since my return to the east coast.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem on Samsung Gallaxy S2.  It keeps changing to 6 hours ahead.

I have tried to power down and removed battery...that did not work.

I just did a PRL update...did not work

I tried changing from auto to manual time in the settings and back...did not work

I was just in Florida and when I returned to Chicago on Tuesday it started.

Highlighted
Journeyman

if its any consolation, it seems to eventually start working again...sprint must be working some magic on the tower side....shame that flipping the option from manual time to auto capture time didn't work for you....it always reset it for me (until the next time the time changed).

Journeyman

My "network time" issues are occuring less frequently now.  Last time was for several hours this past Wednesday.  I'm pretty sure it's happening in the Chicago area due to the many upgrades that are occuring.  My son's Galaxy S3 is now receiving 4G-LTE with a very good signal as we travel around the metro area.  In the house, all of our family's Sprint phones are now seeing 3 to 4 bars of signal strength.  The in-the-house signal was so poor before these tower/network enhancements that my wife was begging me to leave Sprint all-together. 

I don't think the company that's doing the upgrades for Sprint would tell them that there would be Network Time (and probably other) anomolies that would affect the customer base during these upgrades.  If they did, that company may not have received the lucrative contract...   Or, perhaps the equipment is not even owned by Sprint and the company effecting the upgrades/enhancements is just doing its thing without saying anything to anyone. 

Bottom line is that all aspects of our Sprint Chicago area service has improved... and our family is thankful!

-Allen (Northwest Chicago Suburbs)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat