cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Andriod 4.0 (ICS)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to know if anyone out there has heard if the Epic 4G will be getting the Andriod 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

I been looking online and talking to sprint and samsung and no one seem to know anything about it.

I hope some one will know something on the issue.

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

BigWillyWill,

We haven't released any official comment or anything, but according to Samsungs official blog in Korea because of hardware limitations and the demand of Samsung's TouchWiz UI the Epic 4G will not be getting Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0.

Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/samsungs-korean-blog-explains-why-galaxy-s-and-galaxy-tab-didnt-make-i...

Patron

If you root your phone you can have it http://epiccm.blogspot.com/p/cm9-status.html

397068_2909606852026_1016238050_32914924_2056344354_n.jpg

Journeyman

Can you please tell Samsung to take a break from ICS, and fix this EL30 disaster. I would really not bother with rooting.

Thanks...

Journeyman

I think I might root my phone this weekend. I am done just talking about the problems of my phone with little to no solutions. I would like to wait until the

Cyanogenmod's ICS for Epic is out of Alpha and Beta testing.... but maybe now is the time to play beta tester lol.

Journeyman

RIVERASM83 wrote:

I think I might root my phone this weekend. I am done just talking about the problems of my phone with little to no solutions. I would like to wait until the

Cyanogenmod's ICS for Epic is out of Alpha and Beta testing.... but maybe now is the time to play beta tester lol.

You'll be doing yourself a great favor. It is such a beautiful rom with ICS and EL30 modem. Everything is blazing fast.

Journeyman

That is so true. I love this ROM. Its in an alpha stage, but i think it is better than the froyo/gb that came with the phone. There was a few bugs here and there. Only one of them annoying. But the part i like most is that you get updates every couple of weeks, not 6 months!

Journeyman

I have no clue of how to root a phone, any tips?

Journeyman

I agree with you on that.

BTW, Alpha 4 rocks!

Journeyman

Sure, visit androidcentral.com for instructions.

Journeyman

Re: Epic 4G Andriod 4.0 (ICS)

like samsung galixey s2 on facebook for update info its up to sprint

Journeyman

Re: Epic 4G Andriod 4.0 (ICS)

I have android 4.0 on mt epic 4g. I rooted it and flashed to CM9. Pm me if you want more info and links ect.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat