cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Bug List - Test your phones and add any I'm missing. (updated)

65 REPLIES
Journeyman

ME TOO! Bluetooth connection to my UCONNECT is spotty at best and I am lucky if I get a ring sound if someone calls me which is completely unexceptible as I am a dog groomer and rescuer and can not afford to miss calls! I also experience times when the phone will lock up, vibrate and make popping sounds. I bought my phone at Best Buy and have taken it back so many times I cant even count and was told it was on my side and then when I was 5 days away from my 30 day return guarentee...they figured out that a fix was upcoming in a month and they hadnt heard of the popping sounds OR the bluetooth issues and said it was my new Dodge Nitro's issue and didnt have an Epic in stock to replace mine before I was leaving town....not I can not get my emails and or it loads a bunch that I have already viewed...went to this phone because they said it would sync with hotmail....it DOESNT!  I have more headaches than happiness with this phone and now i am stuck. Been with Spint for 15 years and they have been the only company that has had service where i live and now for 200 a month for 2 phones and all these headaches...i may be done

Journeyman

im having a major issue with my epic. my phone completely freezes and black lines slowly appear until the whole screen turns black. originally it seemed to only happen when i play games, but it just happened during my lock screen. the only way to get it working again is to remove my batt. ive only had this phone for 2 mo and it has happened 3 times, 2 in the last week.

Journeyman

I have a problem mostly when I'm on the Internet.  I can be x number of pages in and the phone will do the little vibrate like it does when a botton on the bottom is pushed, ONLY I DON'T HIT ANY BUTTONS and the phone starts going back to previous pages, sometimes once, and sometimes all the way out to the home screen.  This can be REALLY frustrating when composing and email and it backs me out past where I even signed into my email account. 

I also have issues with speakers/bluetooth.  Anytime I  turn on the bluetooth all the sounds are muted, ringer etc. after I turn it off, until I reboot the devise.  Also after the bluetooth is turned off the phone will make a pop sound at intervals until rebooted.

Wizard

Re: Epic 4G Bug List - Test your phones and add any I'm missing. (updated)

Making a post to subscribe.  Will be reading through these 5 pages to see if there is anything to learn/discover.

Journeyman

I just bought my Epic 4g recently (May 2011). I bought it to avoid some of the problems I had with my Samsung Moment (3G), and I am discovering that some of these problems still exist!

1) RANDOMLY WON'T DISPLAY KEYPAD IF WIFI or 4G TURNED ON (ie: CAN'T MAKE CALLS):

I agree with the poster above that the Epic 4g is too dumb to know which mode to use (3g, 4g, wifi) -- so sometimes if I have my phone's wifi or 4g turned on for long periods of time (ie: overnight), the phone will RANDOMLY force itself to display horizontally/landscape on the screen (if you can't rotate the screen), AND it will NOT display the keypad/dialpad! What this means is that you cannot make any calls!!!!!!!  The quick solution I found to this is to just manually switch off whatever mode you have turned on (ie: if you have WiFi turned on, turn it off, and all of a sudden your dialpad comes back). Very annoying.

2) RANDOMLY TURNS ON AIRPLANE MODE (ie: WON'T RECEIVE CALLS OR TEXTS):

This problem I am REALLY pissed about. My old Samsung Moment had a known issue, where the phone would go into airplane mode if you left it on overnight or for a long period of time. Sprint/Samsung knew about the problem and claimed that they would fix it, but instead they just ran the clock out on the phone. I am horrified that they have repeated this problem in the Epic 4G too! The solution to this problem is to turn your WiFi, Bluetooth, etc OFF. But I wouldn't have bought the phone if I couldn't use its features! How is this not fixed. Airplane mode makes it so that you don't receive calls or texts, AND you won't even know that you're missing the calls. They simply don't come in at all. 

I have been a Sprint customer for over a decade, and have bought the last few new Samsung phones (ie: Moment, Instint, Epic, etc). If this doesn't get fixed, this may be my last Sprint and/or Samsung phone.

Journeyman

Froyo has been released...no not really since it is crap and half of us didn't get it yet

Journeyman

OK, so it's now the middle of march.  Froyo has been released, has it seemed to help any of the issues with the Epic?  Are these issues with teh Epic still as prevelant as they were in teh eginning or have they been fixed or worked out?  I'm looking between the Epic and the Evo Shift to replace my TP2 that has stopped working so I've been net surfing to find out about problems these two phones have so I don't get burned again with a $200 phone that only lasts for a few months.

Thanks.

Journeyman

I have never sued anyone in my life.  But the more I experience myself and after reading about problem after problem it would seem a class action lawsuit may be appropriate.  Does anyone know if this has been mentioned?

Journeyman

Re: Epic 4G Bug List - Test your phones and add any I'm missing.

I have the same problem. did you find a fix?

Journeyman

Well spoken SIMCHALAND1, I agree completely.  The degree of support shown by both Samsung and Sprint is appalling and I feel very ripped-off! 

I too have had very limited opportunities to connect via 4G and when I have the performance has been, for the large majority of the time, quite poor.  This has been in the northern Virginia, D.C. and New York city areas.  I accept that some problems with a new release phone may reasonably be expected, given the rapidly changing environment.  But the basis of my concern rests in the fact Samsung seem to offer virtually NO support for a phone that has been on the market only about 6 months, and Sprint seem to be doing the same (while collecting an extra $10/mth for a service I feel they do not deliver). 

The focus appears to be on marketing the next phone, not supporting the ones currently on the street.  Right now I'm thinking I should have stayed with Verizon. ("Yes" I'm THAT disappointed with Sprint).