cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G Gingerbread Causing Random Freezes/Shut Downs???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Good People,

After the 2.3 update, my phone randomly shuts down after freezing up for no apparent reason. I cannot duplicate the issue and it seems to happen like once a day. I really don't want to have to replace the device because it's aggravating having to re-install everything and get the phone back to the way I like it. I will, but I'd rather not. By the way, about 3 days ago, I wiped the whole phone to correct another issue I was having. That issue was corrected. Will anyone assist. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

I am having the same problem since the gingerbread update.  it shuts off completely every few hours regardless of charge.

Journeyman

FYI discussing on this thread as well: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/74984?tstart=0

Journeyman

I am also having the same issues, very frustrating!!!!!!!

Journeyman

when i didnt have ginger bread my battery life was better and it never crashed

Wizard

In addition to the standard steps that you've likely read a number of times, (turning off background data, 4G, Wifi, etc) I would try uninstalling any apps that could be incompatible with the gingerbread platform. In particular, any apps that kill tasks, save battery life or protect from viruses could likely be to blame. You can always perform a hard reset to start with a clean slate and, without installing any apps, test the device for a couple days to see if the problem still re-occurs. I hope this helps!

-Donnie

Journeyman

Not to sound rude or anything but no one wants to do a hard reset and lose everything when they have apps they want/need already. I already had to do a hard reset just so I could get gingerbread because I am rooted. The only issue I have is the freezing and reseting. This is an issue that Google and Samsung need to fix. It is no one's fault that this issue came up except them. They are the one's who need to fix it. It is their hardware and software respectively. I just hope the are on the ball with it. Another hard reset is completely out of the question for me and I'm sure most everyone else feels the same.

Journeyman

I'm with you.  Both my girlfriend and I have Epics and have had nothing but problems since the Gingerbread update.  I shouldn't have to do a hard reset on my phone.  I did that a few times with HTC Hero and every time it took weeks to get things back to how I like it.  I'm totally frustrated with Sprint and Samsung. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat