cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4G No Ability to Receive/Transmit In-Call Audio but Media Volume OK

Journeyman

EDIT: Following the steps necessary to wipe data (factory reset) and reboot the phone successfully solved this problem. The ring tone is working and I am able to use both the handset and the speakerphone. Thank you, Sprint, for providing me with the information nessary to solve the problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been looking through the forum this morning and have noticed that lots of users are complaining about the in-call volume since receiving various updates. In reading, I have not found a post that is parallel to the issue I am experiencing.

In terms of volume on the phone, I am able to play games, watch YouTube videos and utilze anything involving "media volume." However, when it comes to incoming phone call notifications, alarms or actually speaking on the phone, I have no audio at all. I have made several test phone calls and the phone does not ring and once the call is answered neither the caller nor I can hear any audio, the line is just silent on both ends. I have tried using both the handset and the speakerphone.

I would find it very difficult to believe this is a hardware issue as I am able to listen to "media" without an issue on the phone's internal speaker.

Is anyone else experiencing an issue similar to this recently?

Another note, before this issue ocurred I had the same issue other were experiencing with in-call volume being tremendously loud and having to hold the handset away from my ear.

I paid several hundred dollars for this phone and extremely upset at the idea of having to go back to Sprint and exchange it after already having had to PAY for this phone after returning my Samsung Intercept that I was swindled into buying (a piece of junk).

I just read in Consumer Reports that the Samsung Epic 4G was rated the Number 3 smart phone in the United States. It's smart, but now it's no longer a phone.

Sprint, I use you for both work and my personal phone. Between the three lines, I spend over $2,000/year with you. I have a social media following of over 30,000 people and would hate to have to encourage all my readers to search for another providor.

Please, get in touch with me and help me find a solution that does not involve me emptying my pockets and wasting gas driving back and forth to your stores.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
Wizard

Hi,

Have you been into a store yet? If not, I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location www.sprint.com/storelocator?ECID=SM:BW:20120125Smiley FrustratedTORELOCATOR.

----George

Journeyman

Hi George,

What will be the result of me driving 15 miles out of my way to visit a Sprint store after I leave the office? I was already late to work from my alarm not going off on my phone due to this issue.

Will I be reimbursed for driving out there? Or have my account credited? Or will I have to pay money when I get there?

Please respond quickly so I can make my plans for this afternoon.

Thank you.

Wizard

PeterGMcDermott, make sure you have everything not saved to the sd card backed up, (contacts, calendar events, call logs & texts if needed) and give us a call at 800.927.2199 and let the agent know that you would like to perform a RTN. A RTN factory reset is the same reset Sprint and Asurion does to wipe devices and is more through then the Factory Reset option in the menu structure. The RTN process will ask you for a code that only a sprint rep can provide. This should fix your problem.

Afterwards you can reinstall your apps at market.android.com. Hope this helps. -T.

Journeyman

Thanks to a private message I recieved, the steps needed to reset the phone and resolve the issue were successfully implemented. I can now make and receive phone calls as desired.

Thank you, Sprint, for your steadfast dedication to quick customer support. I am impressed.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.