cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4g Bluetooth Issues

Journeyman

Epic 4g Bluetooth Issues

I am discovering that my Epic 4g is having connectivity issues with bluetooth devices. In my car, a 2010 Jeep Liberty, it would conect with the call then the bluetooth connection would drop and I couldn't hear the caller or could they hear me but the phone said it was still connected. I rebooted my phone, it happened again. It took a bit but I finally got connected.

When I was at home, I used my bluetooth headset, and I had the same issue. Anyone else having bluetooth issues?

25 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Epic 4g Bluetooth Issues

Thank gosh I'm not alone.  I just posted this on another website... It's driving me crazy and want to know if I just need a hardware swap or if everyone has this issue. Here was my post:

Hey all,
It's not a deal breaker but it certainly comes up a bunch.  I have 3  bluetooth devices that I hook up to my phone (Epic) for various needs  (car, working out etc...)  I have encountered almost daily where the  phone will say it's paired with the device and I'll hit play (even with  multiple apps) and I don't hear anything through the BT device.  I have  tested this with multiple audio apps and with all 3 of my devices and it  seems to happen whenever it wants.  I definitely think there are issues  with the bluetooth stack or something.  

While I don't expect a fix can anyone at least chime in and tell me they  have had unexpected bluetooth connectivity issues with their bluetooth  devices so I don't feel alone?

I will probably contact Sprint to see if it's a known issue if I hear  that a bunch of you have issues.  My brother has the same problem (also  Epic).

Journeyman

My bluetooth device works fine.  All it does is answer calls though.  I could have a 2 or 3 hour conversation without anything going wrong.

I just wish I could call people from it.

Journeyman

I think the issues we are talking about revolve around Stereo Bluetooth headsets where it says they are connected but no sound comes through.  Maybe this doesn't happen in non-stereo mode???

Journeyman

I have the exact same problem with my Epic 4G.  Once connected, the bluetooth headset is usually stable.  However, after disconnecting from the call or listening to music, it usually won't connect again even though the bluetooth profile says the headset is connected and paired.  It is very unstable and I am really unhappy with the bluetooth performance of this phone.  I have 2 different bluetooth headsets and they both behave exactly the same.  Therefore, the problem is the phone, not the headset.  Also, this is my second phone and (replaced for a different reason).  Both of the phones did this.  So, the problem is obviously in the firmware or possibly a hardware defect which all Epics suffer from.

Journeyman

I was just driving to work and I was on a phonecall through my car bluetooth setup.  I hung up the call and then hit play on slacker radio and got no sound... : (   Definitely a big deal.

Journeyman

I noticed on my cars bluetooth stereo that everytime they sync, the address book gets downloaded to the car. afterthat occurs, it seems to work fine.

Journeyman

I have had the same issues and when I called sprint they told me that they hadn't had any reports of this.  Did you find a fix or take the phone back?

Journeyman

My bluetooth works fine except when initiating a call, you cannot voice dial through a bluetooth, the speak app does not come up. Sprint says this will be fixed when 2.2 comes out for it

Journeyman

Bluetooth call functions are not supported till 2.2. All you can do is call last and hang up.  I have a Bluetooth Headset and it works fine I never had any issue with that. However with the Tahoe, it can connect and and work fin during a call but the problem is with the answer or hang up is when it won't let you. Since the Tahoe uses its own system to call I can call the set numbers. This isn't just a problem with the Epic, my brother's Droid (2.2) has the same issue. I have no idea what the problem is other than it is a issue with android and the Tahoe connection.

I been trying to solve this with the android device I have availible to me. It would be nice to know what the products you that you are trying to connect it to (brand and model), I can see if I can find anything that would solve these issues.