cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4g battery - need help or going back

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic 4g battery - need help or going back

I am ready to give up on the epic 4g due to the battery not lasting long at all. I've tried all the options but just texting and web browsing on 4g brings the battery to 80% after 1 hour and 60% after 2.5 hours. I have out the display to lowest settings but its still bad. I just recharged in 3 hours and it said I was at 93% instead of 100%. Another odd note is the back is warm as I type this so not sure if its over heating. The barry reads 95f but not sure what is normal. The usage always says the biggest user is the display but if I have it in power saving mode what else can I do? The worst is making phone calls which really drain the battery. Part of smart phone is phone right? So I think making calls should be possible during the day. Please help or this goes back.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

McQueene, are you still experiencing problems with your Epic? Have you checked to see which applications are running in the background? Go to setting > Applications > Running services.  This will provide a list of applications currently running on your phone. Warning, be careful what you turn off. I just checked and found a timer and Pandora, both applications I had exited earlier today but they had been continually running. Also check for the big four battery drainers in your notifications window, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 4G and GPS. When not in use, turn them off.

As for a battery reaching a high temperature, a battery should be warm to the touch during use or when charging but never hot. I had this problem with my HTC G1, eventually it fried the phone. Expensive lesson, no insurance. I was also using an inferior product to charge the unit which could possibly have caused the problem. Also check the charger to make sure it is of good quality and free of frays or nicks.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat