cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4g not announcing caller name with Bluetooth

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use my Epic 4g with bluetooth speaker phones in my cars.  One car has the Jabra Freeeway and the other has the Motorola Roadster.  Both are PBAP compatible.  They used to announce the caller name.  Now, they only announce the phone number.  Before the Gingerbread update, when I was pairing my my speaker phones, the Epic would ask if the speaker phone had permission to access my contacts. It no longer does that and has since no longer announced the caller's name, just their phone number. The conacts I'm refering to are google contacts.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Jon_EDI I am researching this issue for you.Are you able to hear the name of the callers if they are stored to your phone and not google?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not tryied that yet but will try tonight.  Why does the Epic no longer ask for permission to access the phonebook?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Epic 4g not announcing caller name with Bluetooth

I tried it. It does not matter if use the contacts in the phone book on the Epic or the Google contacts on the Epic.  Is anyone else having this problem with Bluetooth car speaker kits, Bluetooth headsets or Bluetooth built into a car?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat