cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic 4g red notification light appearing randomly after Gingerbread Update...

Journeyman

I updated my Epic 4g to Gingerbread and was forced to do the factory reset as many of us were. Anyways, ever since then at least a couple times a day the red notification light comes on and slowly blinks. And, when you check the phone there is nothing to be notified about. The only way to turn it off is to actually turn the phone all the way off and even then it takes at least a couple minutes after the phone has shut off for the light to turn off.

I have also started using the Samsung D700 Docking Station for the Epic 4g and suspect that may be the problem as it seems to happen after it has been plugged into it.

Has anyone had this problem at all and if so how do I fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Has this ever happened before you used the dock?  I am wondering because I haven't seen this issue anywhere before and the most unusual aspect of the situation is that you are using the docking station.

Thanks

-John

Wizard

Hi,

I haven't heard of that issue. I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location www.sprint.com/storelocator?ECID=SM:BW:20111216:STORELOCATOR.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

My wife's epic has this exact same problem. The red LED lights up randomly and stays lit until you reboot. She just got a new epic shortly before the gingerbread update rolled out, and the LED worked find prior to the update, so I doubt it's a hardware probem.

Journeyman

Robotaholic,

I actually think it is the dock. I didnt get the light all weekend and as soon as I came into work on Monday and put it on the dock, it happened again. If it is the dock, is there any kind of fix out there anyone has heard of?

Woody,

Does your wife use the Samsung Dock at all?

Journeyman

No, we don't have a dock for either of our phones (I have a Nexus S 4G). All we have are the factory chargers and an iGo car charger with the appropriate tip (A97). We've used these chargers for a while with no issues prior to the gingerbread update. She said that the LED doesn't necessarily get stuck on from charging, as she usually notices it after the light stays on after she checks a normal notification (email/msg/etc).

Journeyman

Re: Epic 4g red notification light appearing randomly after Gingerbread Update...

I had this happen to me yesterday. Added to the GPS issue, random reboots, in-call volume issue and worse battery life, I am really disappointed in this upgrade - at this rate, this will be my last Samsung phone

Journeyman

I don't know how much your LED is blinking, but I noticed that the red LED on my Epic 4G would turn on and off  when I had an active wallpaper. I changed to a static wallpaper and the led doesn't come on when I'm not using the phone iunless I receive an actual notification.

Also, the usual question. Did you change anythig else other than updating to gingerbread ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Epic 4g red notification light appearing randomly after Gingerbread Update...

I have the same problem.  No docking station, it just blinks, sometimes it stays on.  Sometimes when I plug my factory charger in, it says USB connection... I've also had the screen freeze up when I push the button to turn the screen on and unlock, but doesn't let me unlock. 

I didn't think much of it, but after reading some of the posts, I bet it is the latest update...  My battery life has gotten better though, and the Wifi doesn't suck the battery like it used to.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat