cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic - Android 2.2 Leaked Test Release - DK28

Wizard

Epic - Android 2.2 Leaked Test Release - DK28

Below is a statement from the Epic Product Manager regarding the leaked release (DK28):

Sprint is working on a software package for the Samsung Epic4G that will upgrade it to the Froyo version of Android.  Over the weekend, some users were able to access and download a test build (DK28) for the Samsung Epic from some 3rd party developer sites.  Unfortunately, this is not approved software for Sprint production devices and we strongly recommend that users refrain from loading it. 

Software version DI18 is the current production version of software.  When new versions of software are available, users will receive a notification from Google on their device stating that an upgrade is available for download and installation.  While we are unable to communicate a firm delivery date, rest assured that we are working on a software upgrade to Froyo and hope to have it out in the very near future.   

280 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Epic - Android 2.2 Leaked Test Release - DK28

While I know you can't give a firm date, can we at least expect this within the next two weeks or sooner?

Thanks,

Wizard

My guess would be ~3 weeks.  Could be longer if there are issues found during testing.  

Journeyman

Will all the testing be done internally or could I volunteer to test?

Journeyman

Are you serious? We will get the 2.2 update on the "flagship" of the Samsung Android devices 2 week after google releases 2.3 on its new Nexus? Why is this taking so long while India and the UK already have it?

Journeyman

The reason we get it so late is because they have to make sure the Sprint apps, most people don't use, work with the new release instead of making them an optional install after they push the update out and then make sure the Sprint apps work.  Wake up Sprint make the Sprint apps an install you can go to the market for instead of pushing them on us and making them un-installable.  I hate to say it but almost sounds like you are pulling an Steve Jobs...

Journeyman

I'm sick of waiting... thats why I installed it. Get a move on Sprint. That, or let some of us users beta test the software, so it can get pushed out faster.

near future isnt a good enough answer for me...

Journeyman

This phone could have shipped w/ 2.2, it was released in may! How can a company called Sprint be so slow.

Wizard

Please refer to this link regarding leaked Android 2.2 Froyo release for Samsung Epic

http://twitter.com/#!/sprint/status/11906955815682049

Journeyman

Lmao

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.