cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic - Android 2.2 Leaked Test Release - DK28

Highlighted
Wizard

Epic - Android 2.2 Leaked Test Release - DK28

Below is a statement from the Epic Product Manager regarding the leaked release (DK28):

Sprint is working on a software package for the Samsung Epic4G that will upgrade it to the Froyo version of Android.  Over the weekend, some users were able to access and download a test build (DK28) for the Samsung Epic from some 3rd party developer sites.  Unfortunately, this is not approved software for Sprint production devices and we strongly recommend that users refrain from loading it. 

Software version DI18 is the current production version of software.  When new versions of software are available, users will receive a notification from Google on their device stating that an upgrade is available for download and installation.  While we are unable to communicate a firm delivery date, rest assured that we are working on a software upgrade to Froyo and hope to have it out in the very near future.   

280 REPLIES 280
Highlighted
Journeyman

did you download using update.zip or odin?

Highlighted
Journeyman

update.zip

Highlighted
Wizard

It seems pretty bad that 2.3 was announced today, and we're still running 2.1 and waiting on the 2.2 upgrade.  I've seen a lot of tweets from GalaxySsupport on Twitter that the Epic at least will have 2.2 by the end of the year.  Are you going to release 2.2 this year, within the next ~3 weeks?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is truly wonderful news considering Android 2.3/Gingerbread was released today...you guys at Sprint are doing a bang-up job getting the updates out...it's not like we're having 4G issues or anything paying extra each month for a "premium service" which drops out literally 20 times a day...keep up the great work guys...

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok I can give you instructions using odin first you need to download odin then extract all files when download is finished, once files are extracted double click on odin then extract all when thats done click run then the odin program will open. On the odin page uncheck F.Reset Time make sure that ONLY Auto Reboot is checked. Now on the contol panel in odin click PIT and insert the PIT file that I gave you, then click on PDA and insert the SPH-D700-DI07-8GB-REL.tar file once that is done make sure that only Auto Reboot is checked. Now make sure debugging is on then power off your Epic once is off open your keyboard and press the number 1 key and the power button at the same time if done correctly a yellow downloading screen will appear if you see that screen plug the USB cable to you phone once plugged in on the odin program you should see (example)  ID:0/006 or another digit other than 6 on the bottom left screen also on the top screen where it says ID:COM if you see that just click start wait till everything is finished phone will restart itself back to factory stock ROM

1. DI07 tar file - http://www.multiupload.com/6DRWWEAPD7   2. odin http://www.sdx-downloads.com/devs/noobnl/Odin3+v1.61andepic.pit.zip

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why are you linking to DI07 instead of DI18? And if you're going to reply a whole page later to the guy asking how to go back, actually say what you're replying to instead of assuming everyone will figure it out and not think these are instructions for something else.

As for DK28, I couldn't deal with Eclair much longer, and after running earlier betas of Froyo I went to DK28 and don't regret it slightly. Runs perfectly. I'm unconvinced that this is an early test release and suspect this one's actually final, but leaked out earlier than planned.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Valdo make sure you add this PIT file in the odin PIT control panel, could not fit this link with the last message http://rapidshare.com/files/416399391/s1_odin_20100512.pit

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I gave him that so he can get the DI18 update by OTA and that will give him a peace of mind that he can update his Epic 4G over the air after flashing back to stock rom.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The PIT files are generally unnecessary. But don't flash to the version he linked to. That's DI07 which is the old ROM. The current version is DI18.

BXNY: Yes, but that's extra unncessary steps which stretch out this process way too far. There are plenty of links to the perfect stock DI18 with no mods to it which will be fully compatible with the next update. Take the extra steps out.

Message was edited by: TURBOF00L

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's true Turbo but it's much faster doing the process than just reading lol...just trying to help him out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

TURBOF00L, have you had any problems with your GPS on DK28?  I upgraded this morning from the "update.zip" file that I downloaded.  *Almost* everything seems to work great, and I like all the new featues I see; except my GPS no longer seems to be working.  The navigation software just says "searching for GPS".  None of the other GPS enabled apps seem to have any success either.  Any thoughts, ideas?  I really don't want to go backwards, if I have to, I'll just wait until the official release comes out.  But, if there's some way to fix the GPS, I'd like to know.  Thanks.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat