cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Experience

Wizard

Epic Experience

The Samsung Epic 4G was my first Android smartphone. Well, my first real taste was with the EVO 4G, but I exchanged it for the Epic instead.  These past few months have been a disappointment due to the firmware update delay (if it will ever come at all).  I have grown disenchanted with Sprint, Samsung and somewhat Android.  Anyone else?

a) fed up with Sprint

b) fed up with Samsung

c) fed up with Android

d) a and b

e) a and c

f) b and c

g) a, b and c

I'm more toward d), but Android doesn't have that fun factor anymore either just because of this whole fiasco.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Epic Experience

I've had my Epic for a week now.  The phone seems pretty solid.  Sprint's 4G service is great.  I'm getting speedtest.net tests of 7.8 mb download speeds.  Android is the one I'm most fed up with.  Coming from an overclocked Pre with WebOS, Android is inferior.  The apps are better but using and navigating the phone isn't as good.  Perhaps Froyo will improve on it.  I am excited to see how it runs and perhaps it is because I haven't been waiting that long, but the delays don't seem like a big deal to me.  To me the bigger deal is the fact that sprint won't give a timeline or any status updates.

Journeyman

How about "None of the above"?

Wizard

Really?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat