cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic FroYo Update -- Problems (No 3G, SD card error...)

Highlighted
Journeyman

After two hours of power cycling and freezing, my Epic is now running with 2.2. However, I have no 3G or 4G anymore so I had to turn on WiFi to get e-mail, etc. My SD card is being read because my TRON background shows up, but when I try to change the ringtone, it says "No music files or no SD card." Also, might be related to the apps themselves, but many of my apps are having issues opening. I click on the app and nothing happens. Had to go into Market > My Apps > Select App > Open.

Anyone else on 2.2 having these problems or any ideas on what to do? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

I was having all kinds of issues with the update this morning.  My messaging would not open, the phone kept freezing and vibrating randomly, apps would not open & it would randomly restart.  I took it by the Sprint store and they did a hard system restore and now it works.

I'm not a fan of the update overall.  Seems a little sluggish and the keyboard no longer predicts text and gives suggestions. 

Journeyman

I know its already been mentioned before, but a factory reset will probably fix at least 50% of your problems...most of the time. I had probablems after the update as well such as my txt messages wouldnt send, 3G seemed to stop working etc. I factory reset and it fixed the messaging problem, though my 3G speeds seems PAINFULLY SLOW still as for your sd card, you might need to format it back up the files on the computer than format the sd card. Also note go to settings>wireless and network>mobile networks>3G Data. Make sure that is has a checkmark in 3G data of course lol hope this helps!

Journeyman

This has literally been the most frustrating experience with Sprint. I have tried everything under the sun. PDA mode, 3G, debugging, drivers, rebooting, basic factory reset, Sprint tech did a factory reset, using every different port on my PC, both ports on my laptops, and even tried two friends PCs and laptops...XP and Windows 7...NOTHING has worked. It works fine in the Sprint store, but not on any computer I can get my hands on. Sprint won't replace it unless they can reproduce the issue in store, yet they cannot touch my laptop so I'm bringing it in to the same tech next week just to show him. Will update if I eventually get a fix. Severely disappointed in Sprint and Samsung.

Journeyman

LITTLELAUGHIE3 wrote:

This has literally been the most frustrating experience with Sprint. I have tried everything under the sun. PDA mode, 3G, debugging, drivers, rebooting, basic factory reset, Sprint tech did a factory reset, using every different port on my PC, both ports on my laptops, and even tried two friends PCs and laptops...XP and Windows 7...NOTHING has worked. It works fine in the Sprint store, but not on any computer I can get my hands on. Sprint won't replace it unless they can reproduce the issue in store, yet they cannot touch my laptop so I'm bringing it in to the same tech next week just to show him. Will update if I eventually get a fix. Severely disappointed in Sprint and Samsung.

Try using a different USB cord. The one that comes with the phone is not that great.(Many people have had the same problem and the cord was the cause) That would also explain why it works fine at the Sprint store, they are not using the same cord.

I hope this helps.   Good Luck!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat