cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Hot Spot Not Working??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Epic Hot Spot Not Working??

Hotspot doesn't work for me (St. Paul, MN) at all, it connects and I get an IP address. But I can't route through it what-so-ever. USB Tethering also doesn't work, DUN the app just reports my username and password are incorrect =/

This is total BS.

Journeyman

I had explicitly told the sales rep at the store that I wanted to use this as a hotspot, and he said that it could.

I did not know of the $30 upcharge on this...

Disappointed,

-Kevin

Journeyman

do u have to pay the charge every month

Journeyman

yes

P.S. You might want to remove/rename your Phone number in your user name.

Master

Yes and no, Meaning in order to keep it active there is a recurring monthly fee, You are not in contract(2 yr) when adding it, So you can add/remove it as needed and only get charged for days it is active, About $1 per day.

Journeyman

The Sprint Mobile Hotspot requires you to pay an additional monthly fee (of ~$30 I think). Unless you're paying this additional fee, the service will not work.

Alternatively, you could try Android-based solutions to your problem, such as Easy Tether:

market://search?q=pname:com.mstream.easytether_beta

Journeyman

i wasn't told about this additional required monthly charge either.....i am so mad!!!

Journeyman

My public safety account managers failed to mention the $10.00 premium data fee that fails to provide any value for the 10.00, and failed to mention the fee for the hotspot.

Also it seems the hotspot shuts off if you talk on the phone? this seems poorly documented as well.

Aside from paying a premium upfront charge for an epic it is burdened by a lot of fees just to be able to use it as advertised.

I notice there was no discount for the terrile data capabilities if the i1........

Journeyman

Sounds like deceptive selling and advertising practices worthy of a class action suit. The advertising implies that the hot spot capability is delivered with the required service for the phone.  Sprint should change their practices asap.

Message was edited by: snowshoedude

And, pray tell, what is to stop any one from using Easy Tether on their Evo or Epic???

Journeyman

Actually, if you're looking for a WiFi solution, I've worked one out using the XDA Forum's Mobile AP. It replaces the Sprint Mobile Hotspot (not going to use it anyways) and adds a Mobile Hotspot feature under the Wireless Networks selection. I'm not sure how many clients it supports, but it's enough to get my laptop on the 'net.

Now if I could only get the 4G network to quit dropping here in Los Angeles. Of course, 4G's not fully deployed here, so I take what I can get.

Wizard

quasijedi wrote:

And, pray tell, what is to stop any one from using Easy Tether on their Evo or Epic???

If they think about what they are doing, then the answer is the same thing that stops most people from shoplifting, bypassing their electric power meter, or robbing banks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat