cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic ICS question - Re: 3/26 - Samsung Epic 4G Software Update - FC09

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Epic ICS question - Re: 3/26 - Samsung Epic 4G Software Update - FC09

When I turn GPS on it will work for an approximate range of 2 to 5 minutes and then it stops working.  After this occurs, if I switch the GPS to off even though it has stopped working despite being on, the icon remains in my notification window and does not disappear until I reboot my phone.

Even when using a GPS app to "clear AGPS" or "update AGPS," it still oftentimes does not give me more than 5 minutes use of my GPS. Sometimes it will, but more often it will not.

Basically, I'm only getting a maximum of 5 minutes use out of my Samsung Epic's GPS. It worked perfectly without any problems on Froyo, but when the Gingerbread update occurred it killed my GPS, providing only 2 to 5 minutes of use out of it before it tanks; requiring the phone to be rebooted.

Highlighted
Master

Ahnicka wrote:

When I turn GPS on it will work for an approximate range of 2 to 5 minutes and then it stops working.  After this occurs, if I switch the GPS to off even though it has stopped working despite being on, the icon remains in my notification window and does not disappear until I reboot my phone.

Even when using a GPS app to "clear AGPS" or "update AGPS," it still oftentimes does not give me more than 5 minutes use of my GPS. Sometimes it will, but more often it will not.

Basically, I'm only getting a maximum of 5 minutes use out of my Samsung Epic's GPS. It worked perfectly without any problems on Froyo, but when the Gingerbread update occurred it killed my GPS, providing only 2 to 5 minutes of use out of it before it tanks; requiring the phone to be rebooted.

And on the flip side, my Epic Touch running FC09 has no issues with GPS. I can get a GPS lock and maintain it throughout the navigation session without issue. I also haven't had issues with GPS in the latest ICS leaks either when I flashed those to my phone to "play" with.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I remember those days of an efficient and working GPS (and phone); however, it's a distant memory now, LOL.  It must be nice to have that, halcyoncmdr123.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat