cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic + Kies?

Journeyman

Epic + Kies?

I haven't seen anything in later posts. Has the issue with the Epic 4G and Kies been resolved, if not is there any other software available to sync/backup the Epic? Also same question for the Galaxy Tab.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Epic + Kies?

Your best resource for third party apps on Android would be to use androidforums.com

There are many more users to help you and since Sprint doesn't have any info in our support documents for Kies I think you would get more help faster over there - I am registed on the site and have used it for personal and work information for over a year and recommend the site with confidence!

Journeyman

To say that Kies is third party software for the phones is like saying the Samsung widgets are third party.  Kies is the software that Samsung has for it's Galaxy S phones that allows direct syncing of contacts, media, calanders, firmware updates through the USB cable.  The research I have found was an issue with the Epic 4G's TouchWiz 2.5 launcher software having an incompatibility with the Kies program.  Unfortunately, our Epic 4G's are also the only Galaxy S phone to have TouchWiz 2.5 instead of 3.0 like the others due to our unique slide out keyboards.

All in all, questions regarding Kies support would probably be better aimed at Samsung based on the information I have.

Journeyman

I have yet to see anything about support for Kies. I use lookout to backup my pictures, call log and contacts (however you gmail account will auto backup contacts). And for everything else like files and pictures I use dropbox, easier to use and can immediately get access on your computer with no cable.

Journeyman

I actually found an app that works great   

http://www.markspace.com/ seems to work well at least with the Galaxy Tab

Journeyman

Does that software work with Outlook 2010 x64?  It's a pitty that we have to pay $40 for a third party peice because Samsung can't update their free sync software to work with our phones.

Journeyman

Frim theit website

4For Windows-based PCs, The Missing Sync supports Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 (full installation, 32-bit versions only). For Macintosh systems, The Missing Sync supports Entourage 2004, 2008, Apple iCal.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat