cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic questions/concerns

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic questions/concerns

I just upgraded to the Epic after the sales guy told me the Evo's screens break super easy. Frankly I'm starting to question that ...

This thing is buggy. I was wondering if anyone else had YouTube totally lock up on them whenever they tried to log in. Or if when you click on one app, the screen seems to think you meant a totally different one just a bit away. Like it isn't calibrated correctly.

And here is a weird thing ... When I bought it, the sales guy put the cover on it for me, so I hadn't even seen the phone without the cover. When I took it off, after YouTube locked up on me and I was wondering if I needed to take the battery out, I see that the back panel says Galaxy S. I'm going by tomorrow to ask them WTH. I'm thinking I got a refurbished phone instead of a new one. Anyone else have any experience with that happening to them?

Seriously annoyed right now.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Master

Epic questions/concerns

The cover is supposed to have Galaxy S on it as that is the series of device that it is.  Samsung says to pull the battery and after the device comes back on turn it off then back on to calibrate the device.   Also the phone has Android 2.1 and will be getting Android 2.2 very shortly and that should clear up the YouTube irregularity you are having.  Also on any Android phone you need to delete the cookies, cache and history regularly.

If you are new to Android I also recommend spending some time on androidforums.com to get ideas on which programs you may want to install and to learn tips and tricks for your device.

Hope this helps,

Larry

Sprint Advanced Tech Support

Did this help? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions

Journeyman

Epic questions/concerns

I've never seen a phone with anything but the name it's known by written on it. That hardly makes sense, but I find Samgung hardly makes sense anyway.

I'll try removing the battery to calibrate the phone. Thanks.

Journeyman

Epic questions/concerns

I think removing the battery worked just fine, thanks again And some other glitchy things have also cleared up as well. I think I might be willing to keep this phone now, though the lack of spell checker for the physical keyboard and YouTube not working is bothering me. Honestly, I really wanted the Evo, but the salesguy really seemed to know what he was talking about, so I let him talk me into the Epic. Which has a beautiful screen, no doubt. But even Sprint seems to like the Evo more than the Epic, because I never see Epic commericals and ads online. Just the Evo and Shift. I thought about taking the Epic back and getting the Shift, because I do like the physical keyboard even though I though I wouldn't, but everything I've read online seems to suggest that the Epic is better. And I don't want to trade it for the Evo only to find out that the Evo isn't as great as I thought it was and be stuck with it. Mostly I just don't know about Samsung. I had a Reclaim, which was a cute phone {even though I really think Sprint is doing a bit of greenwashing}. But that one click thing Sucked. It was awful and then it just quit working. And I have a Samsung camera that can be rather lackluster sometimes too.Which is a totally different thing, I know. I'm rambling because I am torn between phones and I suppose I wanted the Epic to suck so I wouldn't feel bad about returning it, but it does seem to be a pretty decent phone all around ...

Wizard

Epic questions/concerns

The Evo and the Epic are very comparable. The Evo has a slightly larger screen, the Epic has a higher quality screen. They perform similarly on benchmark tests. I own an Evo and I love it, but at times i wish I had the Epic because I would like a keyboard for certain things. There's really no right answer, but if I were you, I'd stick with the Epic since you'll not see any major differences between the two

Journeyman

Epic questions/concerns

DONALIEN wrote:

The Evo and the Epic are very comparable. The Evo has a slightly larger screen, the Epic has a higher quality screen. They perform similarly on benchmark tests. I own an Evo and I love it, but at times i wish I had the Epic because I would like a keyboard for certain things. There's really no right answer, but if I were you, I'd stick with the Epic since you'll not see any major differences between the two

I rarely use the slider keyboard, but it is really nice for entering passwords and other fields where precision is vital.

Journeyman

Re: Epic questions/concerns

What do you guys think about the Evo Shift when compared to the Epic?

I am getting along better with my Epic, I'm still worried about buyers remorse, especially when I see that Sprint will have a tablet made by HTC this summer. I just don't want to bet on the horse that not only comes in 2nd, but is put out to pasture early. I don't really have 300$ to throw around every couple of months, so this has to last me for quite some time.

This whole, no update for Android has me wondering if it's a good idea as well. I liked my little Reclaim, but it had issues that neither Sprint nor Samsung cared to fix. And for the sales guy to outright tell me the problem with YouTube 'would be fixed with the next update' and there's no update ... Hmm.

And here's a stupid noob question. When using the virtual keyboard, how does one use the little smilie faces? Well I guess I should say the swipe keyboard. I see the key on the slide out keyboard, but not on the Android or the swipe keyboards.

Journeyman

Epic questions/concerns

I heard that andriod 2.2 will allow people to play cafeworld or other facebook games because it has the adobe flash.  Is that true? I've been trying to find all kinds of updates or something so I can play the games on facebook but haven't found anything yet.  Any suggestions?

Journeyman

Re: Epic questions/concerns

Very helpful, thanks - not sure what helped most, the battery removal/recalibration or clearing the cache, etc., but phone is more responsive all around.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat