cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic will only vibrate.. no sound

Highlighted
Journeyman

Epic will only vibrate.. no sound

My Samsung Epic just started acting up. The ringer volume is all the way up but there is no sound. It will only vibrate when getting a call or text. The sound won't work in apps either, but it will work during calls. I restored my phone but it didn't help.... I'm so very frustrated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

This happens to me frequently, the ringer and alarms make a sound but VERY low.  When I turn phone Off & back On the ringer starts working again.  There is a thread about this on another site and most of them say it happens after disconnecting bloothooth.  I only use bluetooth in my truck & I intend to take notice if that is when it happens to me also (I originally thought it was just random).  Maybe if enough people experience this issue we can get an update to fix it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had the same problem with my phone. The first time was right after I downloaded an update. Repair said it was because I downloaded the update. They suggested that I bring it in and have them do the update. They set my phone back to factory settings and the speaker worked. I had to replace all of my data that was not on my card. If I had phone nunmbers that were not on google, I lost them. This issue happened once again and I went through the same. The third time I was in St. Louis and they said it was a speaker problem in which the speaker needed to be replaced. Once again, a re-set. The next time, I was told the speaker issue was not because of a faulty speaker. Once again, a reboot. Today, my volume has gone down to almost non-exhistent. I know what they will say and do already. WIll a replacement help? Who knows. This has been my only issue. I love the phone. The problem is I use my phone as my alarm and I overslept this morning. Hopefully, I can get this fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

same problem here.  i use my epic as an alarm and this morning the sound died. so i overslept. of course, took the battery out like 6 times to see what would happen. nothing. went to sprint and they ordered a phone that should be here tomorrow but not guaranteed.  i asked the guy if they have it in stock and he said yes but they can't give me one from their stock.  it has to be ordered. that doesnt make sense to me at all. im still wondering how i was listening to music on it last night and then just like that there's nothing. love the phone after having it for like 2 months...just disappointed that something like this can happen to a new phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat