cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message after linking Facebook and Twitter in contacts

Highlighted
Journeyman

Error message after linking Facebook and Twitter in contacts

Just want to see if any one is getting an error message once you linked Facebook and Twitter in your contacts on the Samsung Epic 4g. When I go back to my contact with a Facebook or Twitter connection it gives me this message "unable to edit SNS contacts on phone". I stop by the Sprint store and they don't know why. I tried to GOOGLE but it was not able to find a soultion.I also am not able to view there status in my contacts which it was suppose to do.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Error message after linking Facebook and Twitter in contacts

Poor error message, but what that means is you can't edit a remote (Facebook or Twitter or Exchange) contact on your phone.

You can edit contacts stored *on* the phone, and you can edit contacts stored on Google.

A cool workaround is to create a duplicate contact on the phone or on Google Contacts using their name.  Then you can add info to that contact and link it to the Facebook or Twitter account.  Also works for setting custom ringtones per contact.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the information.

Highlighted
Journeyman

wengla02 wrote:

Poor error message, but what that means is you can't edit a remote (Facebook or Twitter or Exchange) contact on your phone.

You can edit contacts stored *on* the phone, and you can edit contacts stored on Google.

A cool workaround is to create a duplicate contact on the phone or on Google Contacts using their name.  Then you can add info to that contact and link it to the Facebook or Twitter account.  Also works for setting custom ringtones per contact.

Ok, I have been using your workaround since day one and still get the SNS error. I upgraded to the Epic recently from a Hero.  For my contact management on the Hero, all of my contacts are Google contacts.  Those contacts that I have that are both Google and Facebook linked fine on the hero and were also editable.  I did exactly the same thing on my Epic, located the Google contact, linked the Facebook contact and I get the SNS error also.  It sounds like went into contacts on my Epic to link the google contact with the facebook contact.  Once I did that I get the SNS error on every contact I try to edit that has the Google->Facebook links.

Am I missing something here?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Psycloned wrote:

wengla02 wrote:

Ok, I have been using your workaround since day one and still get the SNS error. I upgraded to the Epic recently from a Hero.  For my contact management on the Hero, all of my contacts are Google contacts.  Those contacts that I have that are both Google and Facebook linked fine on the hero and were also editable.  I did exactly the same thing on my Epic, located the Google contact, linked the Facebook contact and I get the SNS error also.  It sounds like went into contacts on my Epic to link the google contact with the facebook contact.  Once I did that I get the SNS error on every contact I try to edit that has the Google->Facebook links.

Am I missing something here?

Anyone?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat