cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feb 21, 2011 2.2 Froyo FAIL or SUCCEED???

Journeyman

Feb 21, 2011 2.2 Froyo FAIL or SUCCEED???

http://www.androidcentral.com/official-froyo-sprint-epic-4g-coming-feb-21-rumor

Do You Think Sprints Gonna FAIL or SUCCEED This Time???

Message was edited by: RGRECCO

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Feb 21, 2011 2.2 Froyo FAIL or SUCCEED???

We still have no word on the official release of Froyo on the Epic which doesn't confirm or deny the rumor of a late Feb. release.

Journeyman

Nobody is willing to take a stand on this issue, but why? At this point, missing another target date isn't exactly going to damage your reputations any more than they've already been shredded to pieces over this debacle.

I can't wait to sever ties with Sprint. I'm in the process of finding out which carriers will pony up for the ETF so I can be free of this nonsense once and for all...

Journeyman

As far as I know Sprint/Samsung have only missed one announced date and that was a very vague, "By the end of the year".  The 2/21 date, like all the dates that were "missed", is a rumor.  It is not an official announcement by anyone.  The blogs and websites all quote each other and then the date appears to be verified.  But it is only verified by other websites quoting the same rumor.

However, it is annoying that we have not heard an estimate, or assurances from Sprint/Samsung since January.  When they said it was being worked on, and would be released when it was ready.

Journeyman

I don't mind when froyo will come to my epic 4g. I loved galaxy S but I've already been tired of waiting for its update.

Actually, I was a big fan of Sprint since employees of Sprint in my town are very kind.

However, now, Sprint and Samsung's behaviors are really diappointed. They are very busy to blame to each other. The victims are users like me.

Actually, I feel that we are NOT customer. They are kings and we are slaves paying $250 for a machine and $70 for the service and TESTING their products.

I've dicided to stay with this wireless service instead of being a new customer of Verizon 2 months ago cause Verizon required $400 deposit to me at the time. Now, I regret it. Next month, Verizon will get iphone as well. Even though the machine still has some problems, it is much better than epic 4g with Sprint's bad habits.

Journeyman

Fail... It's not going to happen. If we get it at all it will be in March or May.... Most likely it will be EOL for us. But I don't care anymore, I've made my decesion to never buy a Samsung device ever again in the future.

This situation has really ticked me off and I'm wondering about the future of Android if this bs keeps up I'm going back to a Dumb Phone and just using my cable connection for data, their pricing is much better and they don't apply restrictive rules (Like charging me extra for having a router to share my connection). With the $10 a month surcharge we can't even tether without an extra $30 a month charge? This is what is going to lose my business for you Cell companies..... My cable company has free wifi and it's getting better and better with more places to access it. And somehow they can provide bandwidth without ripping me off, go figure.....

I believe this delay is because they needed to figure out how to extract the most cach from us as possible.

Journeyman

I still don't get how Sprint is the bad guy. It's not like the all the other Galaxy S phones have it but the Epic.  I personally am close to dropping my Epic on eBay and picking up an Evo.  It was a toss up when I bought it and at this point and the level of support that Samsung has provided for an important update is sad.

Journeyman

Looks like it's not a rumor anymore:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/62611?tstart=0

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat