Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and update the software version on your Samsung Epic 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

Find and update the software version on your Samsung Epic 4G

My wife's Epic 4G is still on software version 700.05S.DI07

According to the Sprint support page for this phone, the latest version should be S:D700.05S.DI18

According to the same page, this should be an OTA update.  Yet when I go to Settings-About phone->system Updates->Update Android as the instructions say, I get "Your system software is up to date."

So what do I have to do to get this update?

Message was edited by: KERBER0S - fix typo

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Find and update the software version on your Samsung Epic 4G

Try downloading or updating an application from the Android Market.  This has been known to trigger the software update.

You should also subscribe to the Samsung Epic Maintenance Releases blog so you don't miss an upgrade.  You can subscribe to it by clicking on I want to in the upper right hand corner and then clicking on subscribe.  This will send you a notification (via email) when the blog is updated with a new release.  

Please respond back on whether downloadling an app works for you.

Journeyman

Nope, that didn't work.

The phone is getting Froyo flashed on it tonight.

Sprint Product Ambassador

You can also visit a Sprint Service center and have them update the phone manually.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat