cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Player for my Samsung Epic

Highlighted
Journeyman

How can I get install Adobe flash palyer on my Samsung Epic?

5 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Flash Player for my Samsung Epic

Hello,

Flash is supposed to be in the 2.2 release that should be out by the end of December.  I have a Epic and for Flash I use a browser called Dolphin, there is also Skyfire, and both can be found in the Market and are free applications to download.

Did this help? If so please rate this post and mark your post as answered so others can refer to it quickly for solutions.

Journeyman

I was told that by the end of December 2010 the update for fash player was going to be available, but there is nothing avialble for my phone anybody have answers???

thanks

Wizard

I haven't been following the Flash issue too closely, but as I understand it, Flash 10.1 isn't officially supported on Android 2.1/Eclair.  It is on 2.2/Froyo, and whenever we finally get that update, we should easily be able to install Flash from the market.  I'm pretty sure I've seen it on AppBrain, so it's out there.  I did come across this link -- http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/install-flash-10-1-on-samsung-galaxy-s-on-android-2-1-eclair/ -- which I bookmarked for reference.  These instructions are supposed to let you get Flash 10.1 onto a Galaxy S device running Android 2.1.  I have not tried it myself, so I can't say whether it works or how good/useful this is.  You could try this if it's important to get Flash working sooner rather than later.  Just don't blame me if anything goes wrong.    I hope this is of some help.

Journeyman

On my epic 4G with Froyo, I do have Flash 10.1 Installed, but firefox mobile browser doesn't seem to have a proper plugin, nor does adobe see firefox mobile as a legitamate platform for a plugin.  As for using the built in browser, it's hard to say if flash 10.1 is working because most sites I go to, automatically load a "Mobile" optimized version.

Journeyman

Thanks for the info.