cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friendly suggestion and comment

Highlighted
Journeyman

Friendly suggestion and comment

I just upgraded to the Epic from my Blackberry Curve.  My Blackberry was only 2g, which meant I could not get YouTube videos, and data was slow.  I love the Epic so far, BUT it has no Voice Recorder option.  I don't know why Sprint decided not to offer this app, but it is a big disappointment for me, as I used this feature alot on my Blackberry.  

I reviewed alot of voice recorder apps on the market, but many of the comments were negative and even caused problems with the phone, so I don't feel good about putting them on mine.  The Samsung website shows the Epic having a Voice Recorder; however, Sprint decided not to offer it.

Can you please review the posibility of adding this app?  It is very useful for shopping lists, notes to yourself, voice notes can even be sent mms, which is a nice way to send someone a message in your own voice, i.e., singing happy birthday to someone.  I personally use it to dictate notes for a book I am working on. 

Anyone else miss this feature?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi.  Glad you enjoy your phone.

With the market apps, I'd go ahead and try the ones that look the most promising to you.  Remember that there are many android devices out there and just because someone says "this app sux0rs!!!!11!!" doesn't mean it "sux0rs" on the Epic.  If you don't like the app, simply go to settings-manage applications and then click on the application you just installed and select Uninstall.

Then, when you find one that you do like, give a comment that it works/you like it/whatever on your Epic 4G so others know that it works on that phone, too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is a lot of voice recorder apps on the market. I just use a very simple one but there is a lot that do differnet things like "to-do lists". I have the one by  Mamoru Tokashiki, simple but sounds good and lets you send them too. Tape Machine by Samalyse is good as well, you can edit the audio clips too.

PS: You can uninstall by the market as well, I find it easier than going through the settings all the time.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat