cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Froyo 2.2 update pulled

Highlighted
Journeyman

Froyo 2.2 update pulled

I talked to Sprint today because my phone was telling me there was an update and when I went into my phone, it said my android was up to date...... I have 2.1...... Sprint told me they are having problems with the Froyo 2.2 update when processed through the phones update software. So they pulled the updating for the time being...  and if I wanted to get 2.2, I would have to take my phone to a Sprint store and they can do it there.

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Froyo 2.2 update pulled

I dont' believe you received accurate information.  Please see the MR thread that is featured in this forum for official communication on the MR. 

Master

Froyo 2.2 update pulled

The original 2.2  upgrade release to EB13 was pulled, that was a month ago. The current software load being released is EC05.

Journeyman

Froyo 2.2 update pulled

I'm just passing on what Sprint Tech Support told me today. It makes sense to me as my phone has 2.1 and tells me my software is up to date. If you have a link to an update, I'd appreciate it if you could forward it to me.

Wizard

Froyo 2.2 update pulled

Here's a link to the thread for the EC05 software update: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/64944?start=0&tstart=0

Journeyman

Froyo 2.2 update pulled

I talked to sprint support via phone today about another account issue and they told me that the update would reach my phone today. They did not indicate that anything was wrong or that the update was pulled or being pulled. The rep stated that she has an epic and has not recieved the update yet as well.

Journeyman

Froyo 2.2 update pulled

Once again, Sprint tech support had all the information wrong. Got my FROYO update early this morning. Works like a charm.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat