cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Froyo is Out so......

Highlighted
Journeyman

Froyo is Out so......

One of my coworkers just came from the Sprint store with a new Samsung Epic and it has Froyo on it.  When do the rest of us get the upgrade?????

56 REPLIES 56
Highlighted
Journeyman

Rumor has it that 2.2 is officially out. Has anyone gotten the OTA update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

just checked and no update for 2.2!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

OFFICIAL OTA 2.2 FROYO UPDATE IS OUT AND READY FOR DOWNLOAD NOW FOR THE SAMSUNG EPIC 4G ACCORDING TO THIS POST...

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/12/05/sprint-samsung-epic-4g-galaxy-s-froyo-ota-update-rolling-out-spr...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Official Android 2.2 (Froyo) update emerges for Sprint's Epic 4G By Darren Murph  posted Dec 4th 2010 9:01PM Samsung may have missed its promised September (and November) ship dates for Froyo on the Galaxy S range, but at this point, we're just pleased to see any progress at all. Sprint's Epic 4G has just become the first US Galaxy S phone to nab an official Android 2.2 (v2.2.1, in fact) build, with the requisite files populating Google's servers this evening. If you'll recall, a near-final build actually leaked out around three weeks ago, but the DK28 version making the rounds at xda-developers looks to be the real deal. Head on over to get your update going, and be sure to let us know how everything turns out in comments below.

Highlighted
Wizard

The official Sprint version of the upgrade has not been released.  When it is, I will post a thread to the Samsung Epic forum and update the Samsung Epic Maintenance Release blog.  If you want to receive a notification when it's available, subscribe to the blog.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Admin can you provide ANY eta on when the official relase is going to happen?

Highlighted
Wizard

Since testing is done up through the release date and issues could be uncovered at any point, we typically don't communicate target dates.  If all goes well, it will be very soon...sorry I can't tell you more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The thing that is frustrating is the total lack of communication from either Sprint or Samsung. I paid several hundred dollars for this phone and I am paying an additional $10 a month for nothing. I deserve to be told the truth and to be kept in the loop. I was on my way to verizon when the Epic was getting ready to be released. This was Sprint's last chance to retain a family of users that have been with Sprint for many years but who are growing frustrated with Sprint's arrogance and lack of care about the customers. I can say without a doubt that if this phone does not live up to the hype I will be leaving Sprint for good. Please understand that I am not addressing this towards you the admin because I know you have nothing to do with it. I am just letting my frustrations be known in hopes that someone at Sprint will give a care. I hope other people do the same.

So one more question for you admin. It is no secret that Google has "leaked" an official dk28 build for the Epic. It is "official" because it can be flashed with the stock flasher and comes directly from Google's servers. Can you atleast answer one questoin for me. Is this DK28 the planned official release from Sprint or is this some type of release candidate or other release?

Highlighted
Wizard

The problem with leaked releases is they are usually not the final official release.  Since Sprint has not looked at the leaked release, I can't say whether it's official, especially since there is still testing being performed on the official release.

Many chose to install the last leaked release and had problems getting on the official release when it was available.  Whether you install it is completely at your discretion, but it is not recommended by Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also sick and tired of waiting. I replaced my Blackberry Curve with one of the most expensive phones in the Sprint Store, mostly because the Curve couldnt flash anything. To my complete and total dismay, on the second day I had the Epic, I found out that I was no farther ahead, only $400 in the freakin' hole !!

Not being too computer savvy, I looked into the problem, and learned all about the 2.2 update. I have spoken to enough ppl at Sprint, both in person and on the phone, and am getting ZERO satisfaction.

Its funny, all my friends have Verizon service and phones, and have no such problems. I think I'm gonna eat the $200 to opt out of Sprint (after 10 years of being a customer) and switch to Verizon.

Thanks Sprint for all the headaches !!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you guys being serious? Your complaining becuase you haven't had 2.2 released yet & Your upset enough to leave your provider based on a software update? 2.2 changes very few things on your phone. It's nothing to get your panties in a wad about. You'll enjoy a total of 5 mins with your new software thinking it's new, high, and mighty. It's not necissarily Sprint's fault either as HTC and Samsung are usually very stringent about testing new software for their phones. Verizon is also hampered with the same effects of different phones waiting for different updates so don't be fooled.

Highlighted
Journeyman

obviously NWEEMS2 didnt understand what I posted.....read it again, genius, and maybe you'll understand mine, and others frustration with this phone and Sprint

Are you sure you're not one of Sprint's "customer service" agents based in India ?? Its always a joy calling a company that has overseas customer service agents who's grasp of the English language is poor at best, and don't understand a word I say.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat