cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Froyo is Out so......

Highlighted
Journeyman

Froyo is Out so......

One of my coworkers just came from the Sprint store with a new Samsung Epic and it has Froyo on it.  When do the rest of us get the upgrade?????

56 REPLIES 56
Highlighted
Journeyman

ZENBOY4 wrote:

Samsung officially released the Galaxy S froyo today to all the US carriers, except for sprint.

Update can be applies through KIES (Since the sprint epic does not allow users to connect through KIES, we are screwed)

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/froyo/English/

That's Canada...

Highlighted
Journeyman

It has links to download for every US Carrier, i.e. Verizon, Tmobile, AT&T.

So its for US and Canada

Highlighted
Journeyman

ZENBOY4 wrote:

It has links to download for every US Carrier, i.e. Verizon, Tmobile, AT&T.

So its for US and Canada

that's canada.  If it was for the US it would say T-mobile Vibrant, Verizon Fascinate, and AT&T Captivate as they are marketed that way here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

not to mention, every android news source would be all over it...

Highlighted
Journeyman

So Canadians get the Update before Americans?

Are you frigging kidding me?

America is the birthplace of 90% of Technology. We're supposed to be "Cutting edge". All these other countries get the tech before we do....That's BS

I'm just about done with Sprint and definitely done with Samsung.

I paid more for the epic after I was told it would get the froyo update "any time now" which would allow it to support flash.

I need flash, it's mandatory, yet I'm left with a "top of the line phone" that I paid more for when I should have got the evo or a Blackberry (I believe blackberry is American so point in their favor).

I'm this close to making a video of me destroying my epic and sending it to Sprint and Samsung.

Seriously, I feel cheated and ripped off when all these 2nd rate phones are getting this update and my phone is left back in the friggin stone age.

This is not one of those " take your time and do it right situations any longer" this has become one of those "get off your ass and work 24/7 till ya get froyo on my damn phone!" Situations.

I've had it, you're about to lose a customer over this Crap Sprint. Get off your asses and do work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Blackberry is Canadian".....Well, there goes that idea.

I'll have to look around to find a American made phone. I've had nothing but problems with foreign made stuff in general.

i think it's a person conviction issue as well which makes me more inclined to notice defects in Foreign products.

As for suing them, if that'll help, hell I'll sign the papers.

Highlighted
Master

someguy6978 wrote:

"Blackberry is Canadian".....Well, there goes that idea.

I'll have to look around to find a American made phone. I've had nothing but problems with foreign made stuff in general.

i think it's a person conviction issue as well which makes me more inclined to notice defects in Foreign products.

As for suing them, if that'll help, **** I'll sign the papers.

Motorola is just about the only U.S. mobile phone manufacturer left. Novatel is also based from the U.S. for mobile broadband devices.

Samsung is based from South Korea. Sanyo/Kyocera is based from Japan. LG is based from South Korea. HTC is based from Taiwan. RIM is based from Canada. For mobile broadband, ZTE is based from China and Sierra is based from Canada.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand Sprint wants to make it right, but you do have a customer base that is desprately waiting for this release.  I too bought the Epic over other phones being told the Froyo was to be out any time.  Sprint, please don't let your customers down.

Highlighted
Wizard

Please use the following thread for continued discussions regarding the Android 2.2 upgrade:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/252630#252630

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat