cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S, microphone disabled after missed calls.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S, microphone disabled after missed calls.

When I miss an incoming call the microphone is disabled.Apps that depend on the microphone cannot reactivate it rendering them useless.Camera can record video, but cannot record audio.I have tried searching for apps to help, but cannot find any.The only ways I can reenable it are to answer an incoming call, make a call or reboot my phone.Is anyone else having this problem?Is there a solution?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Galaxy S, microphone disabled after missed calls.

LeoCF84,

Thanks for posting. To start, what model phone do you have? You say Galaxy S - Is this the first generation, the Samsung Epic?

That is a strage issue indeed. I haven't come across this before. I do see that with the Samsung Epic there are a few audio issues that may come up but nothing that fits this issue exactly.

When did this start? Was it after a software update? Any new application that you've installed just prior to the problem? Does a power cycle address the issue? Does the microphone work if you answer the call?

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, Chris.Thank you for responding.

The first occurance was after the second time I updated  my phone's firmware.Prior to the problem I did install some apps, but didn't notice anything unusual.

My phone model is Galaxy S Epic 4G, model number SPH-D700.The firmware version is 2.3.6.

After answering an incoming call or making a call, the microphone works normally.During calls it works normally.One thing do sometimes notice after missing a call is an icon on the notification bar that very briefly appears then disappears.It resembles a speaker with a slash through it.

The microphone works normally after shutting down and restarting.

Highlighted
Wizard

LeoCF84,

We just wanted to follow up with you regarding your issues with your Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G, to see if whether or not you were able to resolve the above issue that you were experiencing?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat