cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gingerbread EF29 Build

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gingerbread EF29 Build

Okay, so it's listed at many other Android sites, but not here.  It is true the latest build of gingerbread for the Epic is EF29?  And does this mean, no update till August?

14 REPLIES 14
Master

Gingerbread EF29 Build

There is no way any Sprint employee like myself can answer that...It hasn't been released to us internally at all.  Maybe somebody else has the inside info on that...but officially we havn't been told anything.  I hope it comes out soon though!

Master

Gingerbread EF29 Build

Officially the latest released version is EC05, anything past that is a test build and no one here would be able to talk about these builds. However, based on publically available information, the EF29 build tag would indicate it was compiled on June 29th, 2011. Testing and deployment is usually a 2-3 week process depending on whast comes from it based on past build tags and release dates.

Wizard

Gingerbread EF29 Build

I guess I can understand that, but only to some extent.  According to the list at http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/66666?start=0&tstart=0, we've heard about at least six builds of Gingerbread for the Epic:  EE03, EE19, EF02, EF10, EF16, and now EF29.  No one seems to deny that these exist, and even if they're basically beta test versions, it's pretty clear that progress is being made -- that's good.  However, it still seems like neither Sprint nor Samsung will say anything official about when we might actually get it -- that's not good.  I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I kind of think that after working on this for ~2 months, someone would have a decent idea of when it will be ready for release.  Are we really still stuck with that press release of "according to the  regional plan"?  That statement is closer to 3 months old, IIRC.  Can't someone give us something better than that yet?  I'm certainly willing to wait for a good, final build, and this doesn't seem to be a Froyo situation repeat (which is good), but I'd really like a little more official info on this instead of continually relying on other sites finding builds/leaks and speculating on when a release might occur.

Journeyman

Gingerbread EF29 Build

Any news of late on the Epic getting the Gingerbread update...sure would be nice...

Journeyman

Gingerbread EF29 Build

Latest is now EG07

"Rumors" have it that Gingerbread OTA comming at the end of July.

Wizard

Gingerbread EF29 Build

There were rumors about it coming out June 20, too, and that didn't happen.  I hope it's coming soon though.  Given that they've been working on this for like 2 months, they've got to be closing in on a final, stable build that they can release.  And I'm sure they don't want to keep us waiting as long as they did for Froyo.  I think some people were willing to drop Samsung after that, but a quick turn-around on Gingerbread might help keep them.  Still, I wish the companies would give us some official notice of what's going on.  What we find on the web and hear about as rumors is better than nothing at all, I guess, but I don't think I'd get my hopes up too high without any official word from Sprint and/or Samsung.

Wizard

Gingerbread EF29 Build

The problem with official releasing versions is the fact that new versions keep coming out.  Developers need to stop doing that.  Each time a new version comes out, Sprint cancel the version they are working on to pursue the new version.  Its a never-ending cycle.  What Sprint need to do is to stop tampering with versions and release them asap each time.  There are many people with rooted phones already advancing version after version without waitin on their azz for Sprint.

Journeyman

Gingerbread EF29 Build

Maybe.   We are at EG14 now...

Journeyman

Gingerbread EF29 Build

OK, NOW new epic 4g phones are shipping with Gingerbread.  When do the rest of us get it?!?!? 

Please Sprint, don't make this another Froyo

Journeyman

Gingerbread EF29 Build

No, they are not shipping with 2.3...Sprint says this was a typo and they have changed their ad back to the 2.2...so we are still waiting for the word on when (not if) we wll see 2.3 on our Epics...

Journeyman

Gingerbread EF29 Build

I just want to keep up on the "official" response because the rumors are making me crazy.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat