cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gingerbread GPS Issues

Journeyman

Gingerbread GPS Issues

JMiller474747,

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my daughter and I both have the Samsung Epic - we bought them the same day early last year.

I had been suffering with GPS issues on my phone ever since migrating to Gingerbread; my daughter has experienced none of these problems on her phone.

So this GPS issue is not affecting 100% of Epic owners.  It could be that you are one of the lucky ones with a phone that's not affected by the Gingerbread problems.  Not everyone is experiencing these problems.

By the way - day 3 of heavy GPS use, indoors and outdoors - not one single lock-up!  It's working beautifully.

It's a shame that neither Samsung or Spring will admit there is a problem; as they don't recognize it as a problem, they're not looking for a solution (which is right under their nose; this user community solved it).

Ed

Journeyman

Gingerbread GPS Issues

Ok I'll keep playing with it.  I gotta head out and run some errands in a bit and we'll see what it does.

I forgot to mention, first thing after I updated was update my PRL also.

Journeyman

Gingerbread GPS Issues

download gpsstatus from the Market, install it, and run it; note the number of satellites fixed on.. Before the fix, many of us would find we could lock onto maybe 2 of 9 as a representative number. .Since the fix, its like 8 of 9 or 9 of 9.   Before the fix, when using the gps in real world conditions, Id find Id usually lose the signal from google navigator somewhere between maybe 10 and 30 minutes.  Sometimes less.  

Journeyman

Gingerbread GPS Issues

Samsungsux - That's really strange.  I actually didn't catch your early post stating that.  What's kinda funny about mine is one of the reasons I looked into unrooting and trying stock again was that I was having tons of GPS issues and data issues.  I haven't had working GPS in two months but I was too lazy to go back to stock and play around and figure it out.  Once the data started sucking I had decided I'd had it.

Journeyman

Re: Gingerbread GPS Issues

No Mac users have applied this GPS fix yet? A little help please.

"On step 2, for downloading the Samsung USB drivers and installing, do you know if there is a Mac version?"

Thanks

Journeyman

Gingerbread GPS Issues

Still running great.  Battery life was satisfactory, data, satisfactory, GPS worked for the 9 mile trek to work.  Going to test it now I'll be in the car for an hour.  So far so good though.

I guess I got lucky.

Journeyman

Gingerbread GPS Issues

I'm going to try this. It took me about 3 times, probably because of bad finger pressing. I'm going for trip and hope for the best. By the way, I see no official notification that the update will correct the gps issues that some are having.

Gingerbread GPS Issues

gme10955 wrote:

No Mac users have applied this GPS fix yet? A little help please.

"On step 2, for downloading the Samsung USB drivers and installing, do you know if there is a Mac version?"

Thanks

As far as I know there are no Mac drivers for the phone. Also, the Odin program is Windows only.

Journeyman

Gingerbread GPS Issues

So does this mean I can't apply the fix to my phone, via my Mac?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gingerbread GPS Issues

hey everybody, good news. You are all stupid!!

at least that is what Patrick at this store thinks.

3432 Kennedy Blvd

Tampa, FL 33609

(813) 874-1600

Gee, didnt you all know, all you had to do was a hard reset?!? That's it. His phone works fine and so does everyone elses. There are no issues and I'm a bad customer for thinking so. "The techs are going to do a hard reset, so that should fix it."

Sprint can take their phones and their shit customer service and shove it. I am not stupid, at least do me the service of listening to my question before you treat me like shit.

Journeyman

Gingerbread GPS Issues

SprintSamsungSux- considering the links are all for PC, you're right. Maybe you can ask one of your buddies that has a PC to help out?

Journeyman

Re: Gingerbread GPS Issues

I was able to download all the links to my Mac, and since they are going to be transfered to the Epic anyway, do you think it matters?

Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat