cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Voice Integration problems. Echo on line when making or receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Voice Integration problems. Echo on line when making or receiving calls

I have had my Samsung Epic 4g for little over a year now. I have been suffering through the same problems everyone else has been with GPS and lockups, but at least I could make calls when I needed too.

Then I found out that Google and Sprint were offering google voice integration, and so I enabled it on my phone. Ever since when I place a call I sometimes do not hear the line ring, Instead I hear my own voice or what ever is going on in the backround. The same thing is happening to people who call me, instead of the line ringing they just hear themselves talking. If I answer they cannot hear me.

Every day I am getting sick of this phone, I almost want to take a hammer to it. I tried posting on google voice forum they could not help. I called tech suport and they reset my phone but they did not fix the problem. Any help is appericated. This is making my phone almost usless and I wonder why I am paying so much for it

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Re: Google Voice Integration problems. Echo on line when making or receiving calls

Hello and thank you for your post.  My first impression is to deactivate Google Voice.  If your call audio returns to normal, then try and re-enable it.  This is what's called a "toggle" in technical support and often resolves Google Voice issues.  You will need to sign into google.com/voice to deactivate the service.  

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Google Voice Integration problems. Echo on line when making or receiving calls

That was one of the first things I tried, and that did not resolve the problem. I can try again but I doubt it will do anything.

Highlighted
Master

If you've already tried turning off google voice and waiting 24 hours for all "routing" to adjust, and the problem persists, we will need to create a "network trouble ticket" and partner you with our ticket team for further investigation.  Have you called into to Customer Service to speak with our Technical Support team? 

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

No I did not try it turning it off for a day. I tried it for an hour. So I can do that. I did call in and they reset the service on my phone and I made a call right after and it worked fine. But It came back latter and had same problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried what you suggested but the echo came back after I made a few calls.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat