cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google framework process force closing ... again

Highlighted
Journeyman

Right before the last update my Epic refused to play nice with Google, either calendar or gmail and the framework would force close every time they tried to sync. The guy at the Sprint store told me to hang tight and when there was an update it should fix it. Well that's a crappy answer but it was true, after about a week it finally stopped doing it and has been working fine.

Today it started up again. Can't sync my calendar, can't check gmail, force closing every time it syncs. It's super frustrating that Google can't seem to keep Android working right on an Android phone ... and I'm starting to think maybe I should have held out for that Windows phone afterall.

Anyone else having this problem? Or does anyone have any idea what to do about it?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same problem and have no solution for you.  It is beyond frustrating! I will keep checking back. I did think it was my phone, and I am not so sure that it isn't, but if it's a google quirk, I know it will evenutally get worked out.

Journeyman

I have not experieced that problem at all, gmail is one of the mail accounts I have on my phone, are you using the gmail app or the built in mail app (they are 2 different apps)?

Sprint Employee

Hello All, seeing google process forceclose when it's trying to sync could be caused by a few things, first do you have any apps that act as task killer, or security installed? near the time it started did you receive any email with large attachments or make changes to the calendar/contacts? have you tried to reset google apps from manage applications yet?

No longer working Community Response.
Wizard

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat