cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great battery life after Gingerbread update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know that people's mileage will vary, and there will be those whose battery life tanked...but I did the manual update to Gingerbread (couldn't wait for the OTA) and though I had to do a reset due to bootup looping (and of course, that meant all my apps were wiped - bummer!), my battery life has improved dramatically.  Now, I suppose it could be due to the reset, or partly reset, partly Gingerbread...but just thought it worth putting out there.  Hope my experience is shared by more of you than not!

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

AUSTINDEADHEAD,

I have to agree with you as well! After I updated my Epic, battery life is so much better! I gotta say, I am very impressed with the update. The overall performance of the device is smoother and now I can make it a day! Woot woot!

Regards,

William

Wizard

I haven't noticed any significant increase in battery life after updating to Gingerbread.  After about 9 hours plugged, my work day, it had dropped to about 30%.  Within an hour or two after getting home, it was down to 15% and beeping at me to be recharged.  I think I used the phone about the same as I usually would, and I'm already runing Green Power to help conserve power, so this isn't exactly great news.  I was expecting to see a decent boost in battery life from what I read previously, and I'm not seeing it.  It might be a little better and I might not run out of juice while I'm at work, but it's not what I *really* want (which is more like 16 hours on a charge, one full day of active/awake time).

Journeyman

A few weeks ago, before this update, I was trying to solve my shortcut delay to display so I used the "clear all data" option in settings. After which I did not install all my apps.  I noticed about double the battery life.  I installed only a few needed apps and still battery life is good.  I also installed advanced task killer to terminate all the apps after they auto load.  So, this update did not show any battery life improvemets.

Journeyman

i did my update ota and my battery life seems worse. unlike your experience i still have all my apps and everything that was on my phone b4 the update. Iphone here i come. maybe even verizon

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat