cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP--- Twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly

Journeyman

This message keep appearing.  It then tells me to Force Close.... When  I do, it does the same thing over and over.   Help!  I am at work and need to be able to on get messages from my daughter.

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: HELP--- Twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly

Try turning the phone off and pulling the battery for a min or two, then replace battery and turn it back on. This does a soft re-set of your phone.

If that did not fix it, you can try  menu/settings/Applications/Manage applications/ALL   and clear data and cache if it will let you. Then Restart phone.

Sprint Employee

Re: HELP--- Twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly

Hi CODYANDMEL1, there are a few things that can cause this, first of all do you have any apps that act as task manager, or security? if you do remove them. after that go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications, tap on tw launcher, tap force stop, then clear cache/data, then power phone off then back on, please let me know if this helps

Journeyman

I have done all of these things and it still pops up.

Wizard

Are you pressing the home button when the screen is already on the home page?  To be more specific, are you feeling vibrations (one vibrate, few seconds pause, then two vibrates)?  If so, then that is the problem.  Don't touch the home button when you are already on the home page.  Hopefully this glitch will be fixed and that the system will simply ignore it instead of trying to go home when already home. lol

Journeyman

I ended up having to take it back to the Sprint store and they did a hard reboot on it.  They said they have had alot of problems like this lately.

Journeyman

Thanks - I'm having the same problem!  Guess it's time to stop by the store!

Sprint Employee

Before you consider a factory restore, which by the way does not have to be performed in a sprint store, look at your installed apps. Task killers, and security software some times can lead to undesired behavior. also try resetting/clearing TW launcher from Menu > settings > applications > manage applications > all. Please let me know if this helps.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.