ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH GINGERBREAD UPDATE

Journeyman

how do you manually install the new gingerbread update, i dont have a clue, help

3 REPLIES 3

Re: HELP WITH GINGERBREAD UPDATE

Journeyman

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/11/09/samsung-epic-4g-gingerbread-update-rolling-out-can-be-manual...   This is what I did and it was very easy and I am far from hands on most of the time. I was just going nuts waiting for the OTA update. It says it will run automatically but I have posted a comment below that describes how it went for me. Good luck.    Here is a slightly different method that doesn't include the camera button and also, it starts the process while the phone is ON.  *NOTE* This is after you have downloaded, renamed and moved the file to the root of the sd card. I discovered this method because I was confused and tried to power on the phone with the wrong buttons and also while the phone was already on. Go figure, a blonde moment perhaps?  1.    While the phone is ON, press the volume button and then the power button 2,    After a second or two, the Samsung screen shows. 3.    The boot option screen comes up after the Samsung screen. 4.    Use the volume button to choose the update option and press the HOME key to activate the process. You don't have much time to choose this option, so be aware that it will be coming up. (I didn't expect it, so I had to do it all again) 5.    I didn't time it but a few minutes later (the phone was unpacking the file) the Galaxy S screen came on for oh, I am guessing maybe 2 minutes or a little more. 6.    After the Galaxy S screen goes away, the phone will start to boot. 7.    When the phone has booted, check the phone version and it should say 2.3.5 and you are now running Gingerbread.

Journeyman

coasterphotos wrote:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/72220?start=88&tstart=0

the advise on that link did not work.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat