cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold On I Hear Sprint Is Going To Be Releasing 2.2.1 On The Epic On The 7th

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hold On I Hear Sprint Is Going To Be Releasing 2.2.1 On The Epic On The 7th

Can anyone view this link? http://computersight.com/computers/finally-froyo-for-the-epic-announced-the-wait-is-almost-over/

Message was just now updated should be able to view link

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Hold On I Hear Sprint Is Going To Be Releasing 2.2.1 On The Epic On The 7th

Total BS...

That site is riddled with ads, the article cites no sources and anybody with a web browser and a 56k modem can post an article there.  Total scam to drive hits to a site that pukes ads on you.

Wizard

I saw that link somewhere else, and agree that it didn't look very legitimate.  Since it's the 8th now and we've heard nothing official about a rollout, I'm pretty sure it's false.

However, Android Central is reporting a rumor that Froyo for the Epic will come on Feb. 21 and it'll be EA17 -- see http://www.androidcentral.com/official-froyo-sprint-epic-4g-coming-feb-21-rumor .  Unfortunately, they don't seem to provide many details, and knowing past rumors all turned out to be false, I'm not sure how much I trust this one.  I'd love to see Sprint either confirm or deny this, but I doubt they will.  But *if* it is true, we should *finally* get our long-overdue Froyo update in about 2 weeks.

Journeyman

Thank you for the update and for the link!

Wizard

the 7th of what month, right?  i really can't believe that it will soon be six months and still no froyo for the epic.  unbelieavable.

Journeyman

That's pimpin' Sammy for ya....  They suck at updates- always have, always will.  Don't ever buy Samsung if you want to keep up to date with software.  And as for the 21st, I suppose it could be possible since lots of screenies have leaked out for Verizon's Fascinate's update, but still, not the first time we've heard that it's coming.  I won't believe it until I see it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat