cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I email or upload a video from EPIC using 3g/4g NOT wifi

Highlighted
Journeyman

How can I email or upload a video from EPIC using 3g/4g NOT wifi

I have taken a video on my EPIC, it is in the "gallery".

Is there anyway to share it to YouTube WITHOUT using wifi?

I also tried to share it via Ymail and it does not work. It loops me from selecting the To and send and it goes back to gallery to select video, which is already selected and then tries to open A NEW Ymail.

I want to find a way of moving the video from my phone to one of my online options,, facebook, ymail, youtube ...

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: How can I email or upload a video from EPIC using 3g/4g NOT wifi

one way around it is plug phone into a pc and pull it from the sd card, or pull the sd card out of the phone, put it in the provided sd adapter, plug that to the pc and pull it from the adapter to pc.  not ideal, i know, but that's the only way until the upload cap is fixed.

Journeyman

Thanks but that was what I did with my mogul. I'm thinking $249 later and $30 a month more .. and I can send video taken on a cell phone over its very own network.  Sound a little bitter .. YES I am.

In addition to not being able to upload via network, my attempts to doing so has seemed to cause some corruption in the system files.

My keyboard is skipping keys, my phone has locked up and I have powered down 5 times this morning. Its running like a slug. And the screen doesnt react to my touch.

What might this be all about? I added NOTHING it all began after trying the Share to YouTube feature. I did create a mms video and send it to Youtube via cellnetwork.. and after that my phone has be a slug.

Kanda

Journeyman

Good luck with this... the Epic 4G can't upload over 3G without stalling out via tons of processor usage and then you have the 3G uploading speed cap. This phone has a lot of problems and you'll have to use your computer. If you don't like it then call customer support and complain. If they don't listen then return the phone if you're within your 30 days. We've been waiting for almost a month for these issues to be addressed by still nothing.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Depends how big it is.  I think you can go about 5MB - 30 seconds at 320x240 - with email over any network.  That's what I've found in my testing.  You cannot upload bigger videos via email - you have to tether, copy, upload. 

Sooner or later someone will write a Youtube or other 'background uploader' that will take the very large HD videos and send them to a video sharing site.  

I haven't tried using YMail - just GMail and the default mail client.

Just a side note - 30 seconds of HD video is over 15MB!  Big file attachment.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Well not sure what is going on but there is a BIG problem with my phone now.  I will be going to service center today.

It is overheating, I have to Samsung batteries - it is happening with both. The battery is getting wiped out in with no syncing or background services.

What a disappointment.

I had no idea about the data cap issues .. I clearly do not understand how we can be charged and extra $10 mo for PREMIUM data and they do this.

I HAVE called Sprint and talked to retentions dept about several items, which I feel are unfair business practices. I think it is time to write a letter. Just not sure to whom. When I wrote to Dan@sprint , I received a call but no resolution. Its all protocols and policies. Thinking it needs to go to FCC? or BBB?

Just my 2 cents.

Journeyman

msi1info wrote:

Well not sure what is going on but there is a BIG problem with my phone now.  I will be going to service center today.

It is overheating, I have to Samsung batteries - it is happening with both. The battery is getting wiped out in with no syncing or background services.

What a disappointment.

I had no idea about the data cap issues .. I clearly do not understand how we can be charged and extra $10 mo for PREMIUM data and they do this.

I HAVE called Sprint and talked to retentions dept about several items, which I feel are unfair business practices. I think it is time to write a letter. Just not sure to whom. When I wrote to Dan@sprint , I received a call but no resolution. Its all protocols and policies. Thinking it needs to go to FCC? or BBB?

Just my 2 cents.

Many of us have tried to get these issues expedited so we can see a fix within our first 30 days. It's not happening. While I suggest calling the FCC, BBB, and your State's Attorney General to complain - the best suggestion is to keep calling Sprint. Just take a peak into the 3G Upload Cap thread or my Epic 4G Bug List thread on this forum to see how many problems exist in this phone. Samsung and Sprint have a history of abandoning phones and users for the next new device. Only you can decide whether you're willing to deal with these issues once you're stuck in a 2 year contract.

I decided not to and will return my 3 Epic 4G phone either today or tomorrow. I haven't done it yet because it is such a hassle - I have to go to AT&T, port the numbers back to 3 month-to-month plans on phones I already own, and then go to Sprint to return everything. I used to be an optimist when it came to technology hoping companies would do the right thing. These days, I vote with my hard-earned money. I dump companies that don't keep there promises and then I never come back. Sprint and Samsung are about to be added to that list.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat