cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I export my contacts from my Epic when my touch screen is black?

Journeyman

How can I export my contacts from my Epic when my touch screen is black?

How can I export my contacts from my Epic when my touch screen is black? Is there an over-ride unlock code so the computer will recognize my phone as an external drive and I can export my contacts? It looks like the phone is on, but the display screen is totally black and un-responsive. I need to retrieve my contacts.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: How can I export my contacts from my Epic when my touch screen is black?

I have the same problem phone screen is completely black.

Master

Hello and sorry for your trouble.  The only way to transfer contacts via your own computer's USB is to select USB Mass Storage from your notifications on the screen.  Without doing this, your phone is identifying itself to your computer as a "modem." 

The other option is to take your phone to a Sprint Service & Repair Center. (Click "Find a Store" at the top of the page, enter your zip code and look for Sprint Stores that offer "Repair" as a service)  The machine we use to transfer contacts "may" be able to read the contacts without opening up the phone. 

Good luck,

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you setup a gmail account when activating your phone? If so, then your contacts are automatically added to the gmail contact list. Just log in to your gmail account on the computer and click on "Contacts" on the left.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat