cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the front-facing/self-shot camera to work?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

How can I get the front-facing/self-shot camera to work?

when i click self shot option in the camera applications menu it reads "error. camera failed"... that is the only problem im having, everything else for the regular camera works fine.

Message was edited by: jenniferwagner02

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Can't say for certain, but it sounds to me like it could be an actual hardware problem with the camera sensor. I would recommend taking the phone into a service and repair store and having the tech take a look at it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you checked it in another app like Qik and see if it can use it? It sounds like there is either something wrong with the camera app or the front camera itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i tried it in qik an the screen was just black. on my brothers phone, his works fine

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this problem and it was because by battery was to low and once I charge it, it worked fine.

Good Luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

i tried that and it didnt work, but thank you.

Highlighted
Master

Can't say for certain, but it sounds to me like it could be an actual hardware problem with the camera sensor. I would recommend taking the phone into a service and repair store and having the tech take a look at it.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat