cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import apps back to my phone from the sd card?

Journeyman

I saved all of my contact information and apps on my sd card.  I then did a hard reset.  I was able to import my contact list back to my phone.  How do I import my apps back to my phone? They are there because when I look at the sd card info...there is data on it (about 3 gigs) but when i try to look at sd card....it shows nothing.

3 REPLIES
Journeyman

you can't.  you have to reinstalled the apps individually.

Sprint Product Ambassador

IF you have the APK files on the SD card, you can open them using a file manager like AndroZip or others.  If not, you can re-download the apps from the market.  Go to the market, tap Menu, My Downloads.  It will show you a list of all paid apps you have bought in the market.  You will still have to search for the free apps from the market you had installed.

Thanks,

Will

Journeyman

DRICH6678 wrote:

I saved all of my contact information and apps on my sd card.  I then did a hard reset.  I was able to import my contact list back to my phone.  How do I import my apps back to my phone? They are there because when I look at the sd card info...there is data on it (about 3 gigs) but when i try to look at sd card....it shows nothing.

I'm assuming you're looking at them from your "MyFiles" folder in your Applications list. When you see the apk file and you want to install/reinstall it, just click on it and it will give you a prompt to install/reinstall.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.