cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we know when google programmers have a 2.2 patch to fix all issues?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do we know when google programmers have a 2.2 patch to fix all issues?

I have been told to be patient to wait for a 2.2.1 "patch" that will fix all known issues with the phone.

How long will this take?

I have to believe that google/Android programmers must know that many Epic customers are having problems with their phones! The folks at my local Sprint store seem to guess 1 to 2 weeks. I have a hard time believing this

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I dought that the google/Android programmers have little to do with this situation they are busy programing 2.4 or 3.1 and don't bother with phone carrier changes... The ones we are waiting for are the sprint/samsung  programmers to fix the phone... Sprint is normaly quite slow on fixing problems, 1 to 2 weeks would be very very quick for them... remember it was these same people who predicted we'd get the last update in November.... Our best hope is that they scrap 2.2 and just try and bring us up to 2.3; but that could take months....

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Known issues" usually means it's on every phone available/in use. However, not everyone has issues with their phones (before or after the update).

Maybe if you post your issue(s), someone here will be able to help you. It is possible that this "known issue" is only known to you but no-one else. This is just a suggestion.

Highlighted
Journeyman

great / they told me about 2 weeks for an update patch to correct all other issues (have listed those in another thread)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just told via Sprint Customer Support that a patch is avaliable. It is not an OTA or a download, you have to go into sprint company repair store and a tech will apply the patch to fix some of the issues until the full release is avaliable closer to the end of the month.  He assured me that it is a Patch to 2.2 and not a rollback to 2.1.  I will be going to the sprint store in the next day to see.. Keep you posted.

Highlighted
Journeyman

hey gc.... thx for the info!

I went to the Sprint repair store today based on your reply. They told me they didnt have the 2.2 "patch" in that store (?) which i think is weird if they have it in one they should have it everywhere.

where are you located

Also, this time they told me they could wipe my phone instead and put 2.1 on it (something they said 2 weeks ago they couldnt do!)

Since the techs dont normally do that, they said there is a small risk (when going 2.2 -> 2.1) that my phone gets fried in which case they would get me a new phone, charge me $35 fee for the "repair" (I dont have insurance), and it might take 2-3 days to process paperwork so i wouldnt have phone until the weekend

otherwise, the phone would have 2.1, and i wait for the patched update due out later in the month

I opted to wait since my phone seems to be sending/receiving texts/calls ok now

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here it is now exactly 3 weeks later and I just received an update on my phone from FROYO EB13 to FROYO EC05.

Phone works fine so far - the big test is to see if my bluetooth is fixed now

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat