cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does the gingerbread update take?

Go to solution
Journeyman

How long does the gingerbread update take?

I received the notification for the update this morning.  I plugged my phone in a started the update.  5 1/2 hours later, it's still updating.  There is a triangle with an exclamation point in it on the screen along with the little green android character.  Is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: How long does the gingerbread update take?

I would not expect it to take that long, most android system updates install in 5 - 20 minutes after it had been downloaded. if you don't get past this by simply removing /replacing the battery then follow the steps outlined here.

No longer working Community Response.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I would not expect it to take that long, most android system updates install in 5 - 20 minutes after it had been downloaded. if you don't get past this by simply removing /replacing the battery then follow the steps outlined here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, that took care of it.  Thanks you!  Now everything is working fine.  I did have to reboot it, but the update was in place.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I'm glad that your phone is back up and running allicat86, please feel free to post back anytime if you have anything else come up.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat