cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you have regretted buying the Epic?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How many of you have regretted buying the Epic?

and have thought about getting the Evo instead? Thoughts?

Tags (2)
40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How many of you have regretted buying the Epic?

I love my Epic & now that I'm finding ways to cut back on my battery use, it's going to be incredibly useful!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm enjoying it too but now that I find myself using the touch screen much more often than the keyboard I'm having second thoughts before my 30 days are up. The EVO is cheaper is well but I don't believe one receives the money back if they exchange for a cheaper phone, is this correct?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I both have Epics.  She loves the keyboard and screen.  The maintenance fixes so far have helped, and an upgrade to Android 2.2 will add the missing pieces we want.  We are happy with the Epic and do not regret purchasing them.

Highlighted

I exchanged my epic for an EVO three weeks after I got it.  There are too many areas where the epic is inferior to the EVO.  I suppose they will eventually be fixed, but after talking to the sprint rep re: samsung phones I decided not to take a chance.  I believe the EVO is the benchmark , it is an amazing phone. Just my opinion though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Love my phone. Not returning it.  I use the Qwerty all the time.  Have a charger at work at home and in the car.  I don't let myself care about battery life.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have these issues with the Epic:

1. http://monodroid.net/Releases/Previews/Preview_5

"Warning: Samsung shipped a broken kernel with Android 2.1, which is not  able to support JIT compilation.    If you possess a Galaxy-class device  with Android 2.1, you will get unexpected results, this is caused by a  kernel bug that breaks cache coherency, rendering any engine doing JIT  compilation useless."

I bought this phone because I thought I'd be able to use it at my job and free up my test device for another developer, but instead I got skunked. 😕

2. http://blogs.skype.com/en/2010/10/android.html

"Skype has been tested on HTC and Motorola devices with Android OS  2.1 and above. It may work on other Android phones, but we can’t  guarantee full functionality or compatibility. We’re aware of some  problems with the Samsung Galaxy S, and we’re looking to address these  in the future."

I like Skype. I would like having Skype on my phone.

That being said, I like having a hardware keyboard, and would never have bought a phone without one. It's great for ssh sessions. The Skype folks say that they're planning on fixing the Galaxy S problems, and the MonoDroid stuff should be fixed with the Android 2.2 update. Is there an official release schedule for the Epic? I've been doing near daily searches for some official announcement, but I've only found rumors.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While it's true that my Epic is loaded with features and is fun to look at, it really doesn't matter when the battery life is as ridiculously bad as it is. You have to actively manage this phone in order to get through a day on a full charge. Frankly, I don't have the time nor the patience to continuously turn on bluetooth, turn it off, turn on gps, turn it off...etc..etc..

This phone (and the Evo) are great examples of rolling out technology before it's ready...

Highlighted
Journeyman

No regrets at all,  I could not be happier. Great Phone and great battery life.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love the Swype feature... Since I got my epic, that's how I write my messages, emails and notes... Not going back to "typing" on a cell phone...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think if you swap out your phone you will have to pay a restock fee. But you will have to check. I hate you don't enjoy your phone.

I love my phone. I enjoy it every day.  I watch my first movie on my phone and it showed up so good. The screen is AWESOME

Message was edited by: spicyicy33

Highlighted
Journeyman

Swype is definitely one of the best features on the phone! I wrote this in a moment of anger waiting impatiently for 2.2 to roll out haha. I do love my phone and have learned how to maintain a decent battery life. I just can't believe that seidio has still not developed an extended battery and that there are only 1 or 2 legitimate cases for the phone out.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat