cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many of you have regretted buying the Epic?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure about Nexus S or how it is functioning but since I got this Epic on the day it went into market (8/30/2010), I fell in love with it. After I rooted and rommed my phone, now we're inseparable. (I have not intentsions of going back to stock).

As for the customer service, please let's not exaggerate. My experience with the customer service has been super.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you proved the point.  Samsung/Sprint is so weak on updating that you "routed around the damage" by taking control of support yourself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would've done it no matter what cuz I don't settle for basics. I have full control of my equipment.

I guess the regular updates would be good for not-so-tech-savvy members. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How many of you have regretted buying the Epic?

I don't know if regret is the right word, but because of Froyo-Gate with the Epic, I just don't trust Sprint to treat premium phones the way they should be.  The EVO 3D looks so cool, but there's no chance I'll buy it because when the Epic 4G came out, it was (and still is) a superior piece of hardware to the Evo 4G.  It has become clear though that the Epic is just not a priority for Sprint. 

I don't know what the factors are that determine what phones Sprint will stand behind and support (sales, manufacturer, developers, etc???).  But I do know that if you chose the wrong phone (the Epic 4G), you are going to spend a lot of money on a phone that Sprint is then going to ignore.

PS - I still don't have my 2.2 update. I never received the first failed attempt.  I'm just a dope who figured, for $249 + $10/mos + 2-year contract, I'm going to be the most appreciate and well-taken-care-of customer that Sprint has.  Boy was I wrong.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How many of you have regretted buying the Epic?

How come you don't have your update when everyone else is talking about it?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat